New Addition: Auto vs. Manual Transmission - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
pb

Sorry, we're not going to get any more detailed than auto and manual. I get where you're coming from, but we don't want to confuse people into not making a choice. We're going to keep the transmission choice simple, you can choose the one that is most appropriate, and explain more in your vehicle description.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
Registered Member

Hi,

Just edited my cars, and the Subaru went in fine, but when I went to the Ford Fiesta, it wasn't showing entries for Body, Engine or Transmission (and they were greyed out). Going to update a couple of times, and first the engine model came up (which was already entered, as the system knew it was Diesel), and then eventually I got all the options up and could update the car with the transmission.

Cheers,

Joel

jostlehim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
pb

Thanks for the report. Not sure what happened there--it's possible that you were having trouble connecting to Fuelly the first time you tried it, and you were able to connect the next time around.

The car details use a separate connection from the original page load, so if you're on a slow connection, or Fuelly isn't responsive for a few seconds, it might take some time for everything to load.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #14

FYI the settings on my car have disappeared again (engine layout, fuel type and transmission). I've set them up again.
MMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
pb

Sorry about that MMUK. I can't duplicate this one. Any idea what steps you take that remove the setting? Are you changing your vehicle settings frequently?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #16

I edit the vehicle description via [edit car] every couple of days (because I store the progress of the current tank in the description at each of the dial marks).

However I don't think that the problem occurred when editing the description, since it seemed to occur between two edits. The activity that I can recall at the time was viewing the new chart, looking at my profile & vehicle page and reading the forum. I don't think there was anything different to what I normally do every day.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #17

Oh yeah, I also added a tank a couple of days ago (I've edited the description twice since then), and also used the Cost Analysis feature. But this is all stuff I do frequently & normally there is no problem.

Out of interest do you use any sort of replication? I.e., can car details get put into any sort of backend cache before getting written to the DB, or are passed from one system to another? I've personally found that steps like that can sometimes introduce really weird errors if the replicated data becomes inconsistent.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
pb

Thanks for the extra info. No, there's no replication. There must be a bug on setting the vehicle description, I just haven't been able to track it down yet.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #19

It just disappeared again - editing description via 'edit car', didn't do anything else.

I usually edit the description around 4 times / week or so, and it's the first time it went wrong against since the above post.

Added it back in.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #20

PS fuel type, engine layout & transmission were the things which disappeared. It seemed to go when I clicked 'edit car' (i.e., I could see that it was already wrong when I was editing the description).