New forum moderators - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

I get it done @ SuperCuts... Its a great no-nonsense cut. I just get out of the shower, a quick dab of gel, mess it up & I'm done. After living through the 80's and big hair I'm glad there's a hair style that both looks good, is low maintenance, and my hair cooperates with.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
Site Team

never mind, obviously the humor was more elusive than I was hoping. In case you care,
http://members.tripod.com/tiny_dancer/70cc4.wav

and if the link above doesn't make sense for you because you're really culturally challenged, you can put it in context here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fPA-Nj-_A
(or if you just want to reminisce)

-BC

Old 11-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Its not you, its me. I'm borderline autistic, so I don't get subtle jokes. I pretty much take everything someone says at face value, unless its a blatantly obvious joke.

-Jay

Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Its not you, its me. I'm borderline autistic, so I don't get subtle jokes. I pretty much take everything someone says at face value, unless its a blatantly obvious joke.

-Jay
it's all coming together now...

you have bad feet, you are semi-autistic, and you own a business. yet you've made the most of what ya got. a TRUE conservative you are!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Site Team / Moderator

I think most importantly my autism makes me conservative. I think its just the way my brain is wired. I don't feel bad for people that do nothing positive to change their situation. If you want to make things better for you or your family you should get out there and work harder (or smarter). Voting for someone because of what they promise they'll give you in terms of entitlements is lazy.

Autism also makes me a fantastic dry cleaner. I completely understand the chemistry behind stains, and I'm usually able to think my way through, and get difficult stains out. I can also really tweak my machines, and really get then working at peak efficiency. Yesterday I had an inspection by Virginia DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) and the inspector was amazed at how well my machines were running. I stated simply that tweaking the machine to run as efficiently as possible not only does a great job cleaning, but it also is cheaper to run, and has the lowest emissions. The inspector was especially amazed at the end cycle temperature of my machines. Virginia requires the temp to be 45F or less. My machines are usually -5F to 5F, beating the requirement by at least 40F! This means I can recapture a lot more solvent from the cleaning process and reuse it instead of contributing to environmental pollution.

-Jay

Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
Registered Member

there you have it folks! AT LEAST 2 known conservatives now practice conservation.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote