New Fuelly Design - Page 12 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #111

pb, thanks for the 'import fuel-up' link. That will be very useful! But the site is much snappier today so maybe I won't need it :-)

Great job with the redesign!

vkurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #112
pb

Yeah, we're hitting another traffic wall that's unrelated to the redesign. We just have more people using the site. We're working on that too so thanks for bearing with us.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #113
Registered Member

The "Add Fuel-up" page has a lot of wasted space. When adding a fuel-up, I have to scroll down the page to get to the "Fuel-Up" button. Perhaps some of the vertical space could be reduced to make the whole page fit on one screen without scrolling.

I once (long ago) asked about the possibility of entering fuel price as a total instead of per-unit. Seems to me that option would be no more difficult than the option of adding mileage either by odometer reading or tripmeter reading. Maybe that can be looked at again.
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #114
pb

I know it feels like the new site is radically different, but the fuel-up button is slightly higher on the page in the new design. We didn't really touch the forms, just the stuff around the forms. If it doesn't work for you that's ok, but I don't think it's an issue with the new design—it's always been that way.

I hear you on total price. Some people would prefer that, but we'd like to keep things extremely simple. Adding an extra field or a per car option for tracking total price vs. price/fuel volume would be another complication that we'd have to explain to everyone using the site. By making choices like this we simplify the entire process even though that choice alienates some people. It's a trade-off we're willing to make because we think it means more people will be able to use the site overall.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #115

Hi,

This site is beautiful for me, but i'm sorry, I prefer the old look much much more than the current look; to me, the old look was perfect, like a control panel in an airplane cockpit. Now , to me it looks like an os, add new plugins, and whatnot.

Is there a way for users to opt for the old look?
absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #116
pb

No, sorry, there's no way to go back to the old look.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #117

As someone who does not have to come on here very often, I was surprised to see the new look. I do like the ability to break down my data over calender years, so I can see how variations in weather from year to year affects my consumption.

I am not so sure about the City/Highway driving bit. In the UK where rural roads can mean average speeds no better than in town, and where roadworks can appear anywhere, it seems unnecessary. I for one have no idea what mileage I have done that could be classed as City driving and have no desire to record it. I note others feel the same and trust that the option to remove it will come in due course.

What I would like to see is an option to include a National Flag so that when browsing a list of particular vehicles at year level you can see where each vehicle is based. This is because climatic conditions can affect consumption of a Prius considerably as well as national traffic conditions & road quality. It would be nice to seperate the UK based vehicles from those in the US & other countries.
JollyEnglishGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #118

JollyEnglishGent, in the US, we talk about City/Highway in regards to street driving versus driving on a large high-speed freeway. So though back-roads in the farmlands are not quite "city" they are considered as part of everything that isn't a high speed expressway. You can disable the feature on your vehicles if you like.
mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #119

Great Site! Came across it yesterday from someone's BB badge and I've already started "pumping" my gas receipts and maintenance logs into it. I really like the reminders feature. I've noticed that when I modify a reminder it doesn't get reflected on the confirmation screen or dashboard. Has this bug been reported?
AgapeDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #120
pb

Thanks for letting us know, AgapeDisciple. It should be working now.