New Fuelly Design - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #41

@sbw, yeah, we're working on slimming it down slightly and getting that background float problem fixed.

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 AM   #42

Great work on the update, really like all of the added features, etc. Two issues: If I hit "expand notes" the note section does grow larger but I still have to mouse over the notepad icon to read the actual note.

And, if I hit "view annual reports" I am taken to a page that says "in progress", no annual reports are displayed.

Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #43
pb

sbw, you'll now find a permalink for each fuel-up on your fuel-up log. Go to your vehicle profile page and click "View all Fuel-ups" under the log book. On that page, each fuel-up has the date and time it was posted. Click the time to get the permalink to that individual fuel-up.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 AM   #44

I think the site looks fine... I'm personally not all that into aesthetics, so as long as it's intuitive and functional, that's what I'm after. I don't like the new forum, however. It is nothing like any other forum I've used, and in fact is more like the comments section at the end of an article on a newspaper website. Problem is that I had already clicked into a subforum (site issues), and couldn't find a link to make a new thread. Took me ten minutes before I found it in the root.
hopmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #45

I would like to say to webmaster , Great Job !!! I really like the site even better than before !!!
Como4076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #46

I don't like the new forum, however. It is nothing like any other forum I've used, and in fact is more like the comments section at the end of an article on a newspaper website.

We didn't make any major changes to the forum with this redesign, and you are correct, it is built off our blogging tools and looks like a comment section, which we're comfortable with. We were not aiming for a standard car forum type design or interaction.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #47
Registered Member

I liked the old look much better. It showed more without scrolling. The little "tool" for showing percentage city driving is worthless to me, and I'd disable it if I could.
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #48

I really like the new look. I LOVE the custom stats... But I do have to agree that there's a sense of wasted space. The graphics look great, but the information seems more difficult to visually process - everything is stacked vertically, and feels very far apart. Information won't all fit on my computer screen (maybe it looks great on an iPhone, but probably not if you hold it sideways, like a normal widescreen monitor). I also wish I could disable the city/hwy percentage. It's a huge graphic, and it doesn't really offer me anything. It's always seemed like a false distinction anyway: you drive a vehicle, in varying circumstances and locations, and you get real-world mileage - mpg is just one equation, not two. It's ALWAYS going to vary slightly, within a predictable range - there are just too many variables. It's nice to know the high and low ends of that range, and track the moving average (that's why I like this site so much) but I've always felt that listing a separate "highway" mpg was a just a way to subliminally appeal to a customer's sense of conservation when selling them a car. Anyway, there's my 2 cents. Hate that one graphic, and wish the layout was more wide-screen friendly. Other than that, I think you guys have done beautiful work with this site - it continues to be a very helpful tool... thank you!
Strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #49

To my previous comment: "I think in the navigation column on the left that "Your Garage" and "Information" could stand out/apart a little bit more. Also, the log book could use a faint line between each row."

I apologize as the site looks way more awesome on my right monitor (dual monitors). The contrast ratio and gamma settings on my left monitor make the site look all white and not a sort of light creme with white highlights. And you did actually put faint lines between link on the navigation, which I also could not see on my left monitor.

For the record:

Left (bad): ASUS 1440x900 LCD on DVI.

Right (not as bad but still off): Acer 1600x900 LED-LCD.

They were both bargain bin monitors.

Also thanks for the no data on the city/highway!
Jnitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #50

We moved the custom stats up, so you can get tons of info on your first screen without too much scrolling.