New Fuelly Design - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #61

Is there a way to edit the Cost analysis print out? My settings are in UK and I live in Canada, but the "Total miles tracked", and "avg. Price/Mile" is in Miles. I'd like to change that to Kilometers. Not sure why it's combining metric and imperial stats.

paulo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #62

paulo500, did you try hitting the "metric" link just below the logo in the upper left?

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #63

Hey errorik,

Check out my post fourth from the top in this thread, third paragraph, just wanted to make sure you caught that. The number of fuel-ups is definitely fixed, thanks, but the months with partial fuel-ups still show the wrong average in the bar chart (the chart shows mpgs as if the partial fuel-up and subsequent fuel-up are not included).

Thanks again for your work.

Mike
mikewithaprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #64

Slower than molasses. Would rather get the info in quickly and if I want more detail, then run something, but it runs like a three legged dog. Oh and the pop up after the fuel up is annoying
lohertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #65

Well, this is right up there with the update MeetUp.com unleashed on their users a while back. But Fuelly is free so one can't get quite so worked up about it.

The new features are all very nice but the user experience is awful. In short, Fuelly used to be a pleasure to use, now it is a chore. (That the site is now so slow I will assume is just due to the transition and will be resolved)

Where to begin, first I have to say the logo is amateurish at best. Right out of a freebie clipart collection. The color scheme, well that is subjective so I will withhold comment however it does play a part in UX in that it should help to lead the user through page content. On that technical criteria it fails.

There are a number of poor design and information hierarchy decisions that make using the application unpleasant. First information is cramped into a space with nothing (like a variation in background for example) to define one section from another. It make it tiring to navigate. Other choices like why you felt that persons Avatar was so important that it needs to be so oversized are a mystery.

My personal vote for worst new feature is that after each fillup you now force me to click on a nuisance pop-up in order to get to my statistics. This alone is irritating enough to stop me from using the site.

I have used Fuelly with pleasure for a number of years now. I will try to keep using it for a few fillups more to see what changes. However if this new UX is what I have to look forward to I will be leaving.

But to end on something positive, the new features are all a nice addition. Thank you. It's just using them that sucks.
SkootzKabootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #66
Registered Member

Personally I loathe seeing months being displayed as numbers, anywhere. It means that for a second you have to think about which part of the date is the month, and then turn it back from the number into the name of the month yourself. Please, would you consider using Jan, Feb, Mar etc months? I know there's a minor issue with translation but it's the lesser of two evils IMHO.

I have a similar suggestion for the 2-digit years that have crept into the site now :-(. Putting the year as only 2 digits instead of 4 means that again you're seeing more numbers then have to translate back to a year by internally adding "19" or "20" when it's all so unnecessary. Four-digit years everywhere please :-)
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #67
Registered Member

(The above applies mainly to the basic stats "Best" box, log book and both the recent fuel-ups graphs). I do like the site in general, just focussing on the niggles you understand.
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #68

If you're going to keep the city/highway nonsense, there needs to be a way to remove it from profiles of users who realize it's nonsense. This is a guess in most cases and does not belong on a site intended for accurate data tracking.

Do you divide your city/highway based on time or mileage? Even if you have a standard for this guesstimate, it's still a guesstimate and too fallible for me to consider using.

No sir, I don't like it.

Otherwise, I'm sure we'll get used to the new layout, but the old colors were nicer and I did like the greater focus on data we had before.
nizationpcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #69

I just noticed on a friend's page it says "no data" on city/highway. Is that only because they haven't input any fuel up data since this feature, or is there a way I can delete the city/highway inpute from my only fuel up showing this information?

Thanks
nizationpcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #70

UX needs to be revisited. Also the mobile site should be turned into an iPhone app. I know I can book mark it, but I have to resign in every now and then. This forum is awful.

I think this service has great potential, but it is only reaching half of it.

MaaseyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote