New Fuelly Design - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #81

Sorry. I had thought I looked every where, then I posted and guess what. I found the badges. Thanks.

TallyCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #82

I'm enjoying the new look and feel! Good job. A couple suggestions if I may:

1) In the notification "Fuel-up Updated!", the text "[Dismiss" is one one line and "]" is on another. I do have the sidebar hidden.

2) I LOVE the city/hwy percentages. Thanks so much for this. I'm looking forward to the ability to add this data via SMS. However, could there be a way to provide users with an easy way to calculate that percentage?

I envision a text box that gathers "how many miles did you drive on the highway?" after all other information has been collected. I would enter in 220 miles. The form already has total distance traveled entered as 274 miles. Then it should spit out 20% city (80% highway). Not sure how this would play into SMS, I guess you'd just have to know before hand.

It's simple math, I know, but it would be that much more convenient to have it automatically done. Currently, I use a percentage calculator on a different website to do it for me quickly.

Also, I don't know about most other folks, but it's easier to track the highway mileage than city.

sendderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #83

Hello,

Sorry to whinge in my first post... but having just spent some time browsing fuelly.com I just wanted to mention some observations...

If the objective of this website is to provide comparative fuel economy info, users should be obliged to specify the car's engine type including power output and size, or the information they provide is rendered useless.

It would be also useful to request info to be posted in the Notes section on how and where the car is driven. I.e enthusiastically/carefully, in town/out of town/motorway/ frequent short trips, frequent long trips.

I know this sounds hard line but what point is there of going to the trouble of plotting a cars mpg over a number of fill ups, logging in and posting the info, if you're not going to reveal what engine is under the bonnet?

David
David1422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #84
pb

Thanks for the thoughts, David. You might try going through the process of setting up a vehicle and tracking a few fuel-ups to get a better sense of how the site works. We do ask for the engine type when you create a car, and you can filter by this while you're browsing cars. Look for the "Filter to:" option at the top of vehicle pages. I think if you spend a bit more time looking around you'll find some of your concerns have already been addressed.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #85
Registered Member

More often than not the link to start a new forum thread is missing from the top of the forum homepage. Is anyone else seeing this?
toomuchgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #86

Only when viewing a thread I do. From the main "forum" page it works fine.
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #87

Not sure if you guys saw this part of the comment from up top cause it still looks the same on my page...the monthly average chart isn't showing the right figures since it leaves out partial fill-ups and the following fill-up out of the averaged values.

My March and May bars are good examples if you take a look. Thanks.
mikewithaprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #88
pb

Didn't miss it, mikewithaprius, that behavior just wasn't part of the redesign. The monthly charts have always been an average of calculated averages. It doesn't take total distance / total fuel volume for a particular month. The problem is the shorter time frame. It's easier to have odd situations like missed fuel-ups or several partials within a month than it is over the life of the vehicle. So using the totals instead of calculated averages could end up less accurate overall due to the shorter time span.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #89

OK, thanks. I might deselect partial fill-up for some of them to see the monthly average, then. Only issue is my best mpg will be incorrect, but I'll know what it is. On the second Gen Prius like I have the gas tank is variable in volume, so really every month I could have partial fill-ups, so I would never see my monthly average. Not really sure if other cars have that system (the "fuel bladder" went away on the third gen Prius).
mikewithaprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #90

hey i like the new home page view, but its showing wrong average MPG for both of my cars:

'10 GOLF TDI my average MPG is 40.9 but on homepage it says 42.6 , if you actualy click on the car it takes it to the full menu where you can see correct 40.9

'07 Rabbit average MPG is 25, but homepage says 24.6, once again if you click on that car and go into full details page for that car it shows correct 25MPG,

am i doing something wrong? thanks

Roman is offline   Reply With Quote