Odometer Fuel Entry not Taking - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Odometer Fuel Entry not Taking

Hi. Long time Fuelly.com user; just added a new car.

I entered 3 fill-ups using 'trip meter' tracking; it worked fine (totaled 1088 miles). I then switched to 'odometer' tracking and entered data for 1902 miles. No MPG was calculated even though the 'edit fill-up' showed all the correct data. What is up?

I then changed the fourth fill up back to 'trip meter' and entered (1902-1088) miles and the fill up is shown properly.

You can see the problem with the fifth fill up in odometer mode - I entered 1922 with 1 gallon. Should show 20 miles per gallon instead it is blank.

GoZoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

If you already have fuel-ups and decide to switch tracking methods, keep in mind that the tracking method will apply to future fuel-ups only. So if you have three fuel-ups added via trip miles tracking, and then switch to odometer tracking, those three fuel-ups will be calculated as trip miles. If you need to change the tracking method of your entire fuel-up history, it's best to create a new vehicle with your preferred tracking method and use import/export to add your previous fuel-ups.

When tracking by Odometer, the first one you enter is a "starting point" per se. MPG wont be calculated for that entry but it will on the second. If you're flipping back and forth, it'll create those blank spots you're seeing.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks. Presumably my first Odometer entry can be '1902 miles, 0 gallons' - just to set the 'starting point'? Or will the 0 gallons cause a problem?
GoZoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

Are you wanting to track via Odometer or Trip Meters.
If you want to stick with Odometer, then I would create a new vehicle set to track with Odometer, and move over your existing fill-ups to it. That way the first fill is set as your starting Odometer, and you shouldn't have any trouble going forward.
It's best to stick with one method per vehicle.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote