Unconfirmed: Odometer not indicating correct miles [logged] - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Odometer not indicating correct miles [logged]

I just entered my most recent fuel up and the Total Miles Tracked odometer box did not update the miles! I have double checked and have entered all my fill ups. It did not add the most recent one of 300 miles.

Mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have the same issue doing the opposite, I just entered a note for a maintenance service and the odometer reading in kilometers, and it's showing up in miles.

EstebanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

"Fuel-up Log" odometer reading units error

I have noticed another interesting issue. I track fuel-ups by odometer, and having a Canadian vehicle enter the reading in kilometres. When choosing the "Fuel-up Log" the entries show the odometer readings incorrectly - inflated by a factor of 1.609 in fact. When I Edit an individual fuel-up, the original entry is the correct reading as entered.

My conclusion is that the DB is treating my original entries as "miles" entries and converting them according to my "kilometres" display preferences.

I have not entered any further fuel-ups pending resolution.

I appreciate the efforts you are undertaking to tackle the DB and data value. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
RJH
rjhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have the same issue as rjhenry. I am in Australia, and my odometer reading in "View all Fuel-ups" has gone up from 19,273km to 31,018km
TMfSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I just entered my most recent fuel up and the Total Miles Tracked odometer box did not update the miles! I have double checked and have entered all my fill ups. It did not add the most recent one of 300 miles.
Looking at your Log Book: http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/fj_...ish/115216/log
I see the Fuel-Up on the 16th. Is there something else I'm missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanM View Post
I have the same issue doing the opposite, I just entered a note for a maintenance service and the odometer reading in kilometers, and it's showing up in miles.
What should your Odometer reading be? When I switch to Metric units, I can see your Odometer entry as 298,968KM. Is this incorrect? After reviewing your profile, your default viewing units is Metric as well.
What exactly are you seeing, and what should it be?

As for the others who posted in this thread as well, I'll look into your individual profiles here shortly.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhenry View Post
I have noticed another interesting issue. I track fuel-ups by odometer, and having a Canadian vehicle enter the reading in kilometres. When choosing the "Fuel-up Log" the entries show the odometer readings incorrectly - inflated by a factor of 1.609 in fact. When I Edit an individual fuel-up, the original entry is the correct reading as entered.

My conclusion is that the DB is treating my original entries as "miles" entries and converting them according to my "kilometres" display preferences.

I have not entered any further fuel-ups pending resolution.

I appreciate the efforts you are undertaking to tackle the DB and data value. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!
RJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMfSR View Post
I have the same issue as rjhenry. I am in Australia, and my odometer reading in "View all Fuel-ups" has gone up from 19,273km to 31,018km
For both of these instances, and possibly related to EstebanM's situation as well, I believe the page isn't taking into account viewing preferences. I'll log this so we can look into it further and have it resolved ASAP. I don't see this as being an issue to block you continuing your tracking as usual. The data is correct, it's just being displayed incorrectly at the moment.
Thank you all for the feedback so far and thanks for your patience as we work to get these bugs resolved!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Registered Member

EstebanM / rjhenry / TMfSR,
The above issue has been taken care of. The conversion between KM to US units and vice-versa is now working as it should and thereby displaying as it should on your Log Book.
If you run into any discrepancies, please let me know here.

Mish,
Being that your question is unrelated to the other 3 posters, this fix did not effect your Log Book. I'll wait for your reply before we proceed further.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMfSR View Post
For me it is the exact opposite. My odometer reading was in kms. This has shown a decrease in all the three vehicles i own. Kindly check the DB as to whether the program is converting the miles into kms and vice versa.

Thanks and regards.

Rohith

PS: It would be really cool if the fuelly app was made avaialable in the Indian store and for that matter, in all the stores in Apple iStore.

rohith0471 is offline   Reply With Quote