Problem with reminders - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Problem with reminders

Reminders are not counting down miles properly

On 1/14/13 I added a note to my scooter profile when I had my gear/crankshaft oil changed. I also added a reminder to have my crankshaft oil changed every 750km and the gear oil changed every 1500km. I realize it might not have started subtracting miles until after my next fillup, but the fact is my last fillup was entered at 1250.9 and the reminder was added at 830. That's a difference of 420.9 or 353.8 if it started counting at the next fill up after I made the reminder (which seems most likely to me. The reminder for crankcase oil says I still have 637.5 km to go and the gear oil says I have 1387.5 km to go. According to both of the reminders I made, I've only gone 112.5 km.

For my wife's car, I made the reminder at 49775 miles and as of the last fillup I was at 50412 miles. That's 637 miles, or 526 miles from the fillup after the reminder was added to the last fillup I made. The reminder I made for every 5,000 miles for oil change says I still have 4824 miles to go, and the reminder I made for fluid flushes for every 30k miles says I have 29,824 miles to go. So according to the reminders, I have only gone 176 miles on the car.

waterboysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #2

There is definitely a problem with reminders. Since I first posted this, I've had 2 fillups on my wife's car that totaled almost exactly 500 miles. But, when I look at the reminder for an oil change for her car, it still shows 4824 miles until the next oil change, which is exactly the same that it showed when I made this post.

I wonder what has happened to the site admin? For a while he was very active and posted in nearly every thread. I haven't seem him post in a month at least.

waterboysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

Any word on this issue?
brandonrossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
Registered Member

This thread is over a year old. I haven't experienced any issues with reminders, nor have I seen any recent posts mentioning a problem.
If something doesn't seem right on your end, please reply back with as much specific details as possible so we can research it further for you.
Thanks!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
This thread is over a year old. I haven't experienced any issues with reminders, nor have I seen any recent posts mentioning a problem.
If something doesn't seem right on your end, please reply back with as much specific details as possible so we can research it further for you.
Thanks!
How does one delete reminders that are no longer necessary?
obie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie View Post
How does one delete reminders that are no longer necessary?
From your dashboard- http://www.fuelly.com/dashboard
Scroll to the Reminder and click on the link to the one you wish to Edit or Delete. Scroll to the bottom of Edit Reminder page and select Delete Reminder to remove it.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote