Request: Days Between Fuel-ups - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

Request: Days Between Fuel-ups

I prefer to fill up once per week, so it would be great if Fuelly could show how often I fill up (every x days) or show that I fill up y times per month.

artizhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #2

I see that it shows the average per month, but I would prefer days between fuel-ups if possible, as it's more useful to me. i.e. mine is 7 per month, but that is every 4-5 days.

artizhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
pb

On your vehicle page, take a look at the Total Fuel-ups statistic. (It looks like a fuel pump.) On the right side it should show you how often you fill up on average.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
pb

Ahh ok, you know about that one.

We don't have any plans to show different time periods, but if you're handy with Excel this could be something you put together by exporting your data.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 AM   #5

Nothing against Fuelly at all but I also use an app called Fuel Log Pro on my Android phone. I use them both together. FLP logs all costs associated with the vehicle - monthly payment, insurance, oil changes, car washes, anything you want to track as a cost then under stats it calculates all these costs into many different data sets like how much it costs to run your vehicle per day, per KM/Mile and so on and so on. To answer your question, Fuel Log Pro tells you the amount of days between fill ups as well as your current mpg, your average mpg, and many other parameters on the start up page where you add a fill up. I think you can check it out for free first but I use both apps. Entering data twice can be a pain but I like to see all costs and averages - not just fuel costs and averages. Cheers.
Rubberdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #6
pb

Thanks for the suggestion, Rubberdude88. We've had many, many conversations here about whether or not to make Fuelly a total cost of ownership application. We've always felt like Fuelly is better as a tool that's focused on fuel economy alone. Once you move to tracking all costs related to a vehicle, you're going to make very different decisions about how the application will work.

I'm glad it works well for Fuel Log Pro, sounds like they found a good balance. We don't think it would work well for Fuelly.