Restore from backup in iOS - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

Restore from backup in iOS

I use Fuelly app on iOS (v3) - excellent app btw (have been using it since it was Gas Cubby). I've looked through the FAQs and Forum for this but still have questions. I have a backup of my Fuelly data in csv format using the Export Data function within the app. I have a Fuelly account to view/post on forum but have chosen not to sync (mostly privacy concerns as fuelly.com doesn't seem to offer encryption - I could be wrong on this btw).

It doesn't appear that I can restore my data from the csv files unless I choose to sync. Is this correct? If so, it seams the only way to view past data is in MS Excel not in the Fuelly app with the nice GUI. I'm not sure why there isn't an import from csv function within the app. Seems this would offer those of us that don't choose to sync a way to ensure our data can be viewed within the app.

As an added note, I regularly backup my data via iTunes so this does provide disaster recovery option, but I'm looking for a simple import process that doesn't involve restoring everything on my phone; just Fuelly data. It appears I may not have a desired solution from what I can tell.

MarkusB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #2
Site Team

I do not believe that any of the Gas Cubby apps have ever had CSV import ability, only export.

Also, the iTunes backup success for backing up the data in Gas Cubby is not good.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote