Sort by Number of Fuel Ups - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #1

Sort by Number of Fuel Ups

Could it be possible to add, sort by number of fuel ups to the browse vehicles section? Versus only being able to see it sorted by year? Thanks.

ebchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
pb

What would sorting by number of fuel-ups give you? I'm not sure I see the value in it.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #3

I think he is looking at only seeing cars that have multilple fill ups vs. say the guy that only has one or 2 and then stoped. I could do a total Average with a Min. of say 5 fill ups? Or just have a filter to sort out the ones and twos. just a thought.

later

E
VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
Registered Member

My thought is to just to not include anyone who hasn't logged into the site for the past two or three months.
Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #5

My thought is to just to not include anyone who hasn't logged into the site for the past two or three months.

I don't think someone's data isn't any less trustworthy or useful if they haven't used the site recently and we don't want to create a situation where we are forcing people to revisit or use or login to the site just to stay visible. People are free to come and go as they please, and the stuff they leave around here is still quite useful to everyone else in building averages.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious: why do you think last login date would make an important consideration for filtering?
mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

Weather, mostly. I purchased the car Nov 24, 2007, started tracking on here in April. So I know pretty much my mileage throughout the warm season based on the numbers I've fed your site. Now that we're going into winter, the mileages are going to be different for all cars. Looking at `GT black beauty`who has filled up between July and August, her (The car) mileage isn't going to be the same.

If we're going to compare apples to apples when it comes to something as mileage over time for a brand of car, looking at similar results would be an asset.

The downfall of this is that people in Florida, for example, who use this site, aren't going to have the same mileage as myself ANYWAYS because of weather.

BUT, taking that into consideration, if we knew where that car mostly lived, we could get a sense as to how much roughly the mileage is going to differ by because of the different climates.
Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
Registered Member

I live in Southern California so for me weather doesn't have much of an effect on my mileage other than a slight reduction during the summer when I run my air conditioner more often. But the seasons do make a difference in my mileage for another reason. We have "summer blend" and "winter blend" gasoline here. The summer blend as I understand it has more oxidizers in it, and my fuel economy suffers substantially when it is in use. I normally see a decrease of somewhere along the lines of 15-20 % in my mileage when So Cal switches to summer blend and a similar increase when we switch back to winter blend. This has been somewhat less pronounced since California went to mandatory E10 gasoline a few years ago, but it still is evident in my fill ups. I realize this is off topic for the original post, but following the comment trail here I thought it might be germaine to where it has gone. That being said, I don't think that the amount of time since a poster has logged in or added a fuel up should matter to their mileage figures, but it might make the graphs appear better or worse than the average if the date range isn't taken into account. As it stands the dates are graph points on the mileage charts so it shouldn't be any issue, if the numbers don't match your personal experience check the date range and see if that helps to explain the discrepancy. Just my $0.02.
bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:36 AM   #8

OP here, the reason I would want to sort by number of fuel ups is to see people/cars with the most data. I would trust someone's mpg numbers more if they had 50 fuel ups versus someone with only 2. Thanks for all the responses!

ebchu is offline   Reply With Quote