Suggestion for the forum topic/posts area. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #1

Suggestion for the forum topic/posts area.

Suggestion for a change in this very forum:

At the top when it lists x number of new posts and x number of comments. Is there ANY way to just put a hot link, so it can list only the topics that have been added or changed?

Take today for example. There were 16 new comments, but I could only see the posts on the first page which listed like 10 or 12... Once you click into the view more option for each section, then you have no idea what posts were added to, as the new comments numbers are then gone. I have to right click on those I want to read and open in a new tab/page from the first page, so I don't miss others I may want to read. Very annoying.

But if you were able to make a hyperlink at the top for the number of topics/posts to automatically do a search/results, then at least I could see all the ones that were new or added to, without losing my place. I have tried cookie clearing, and different browsers/machines, to no avail. Using the browser's back button is nice, but again, it doesn't help when you want to look among the previous posts on the pages not visible.

Just wanted to point this out. Thanks.

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
pb

That's a good idea. Maybe even just a view of threads ordered by most recent comment would do the trick. That way you'd see a glance which threads are still active.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #3

Works for me, just hope its easy for you guys to implement. Figured I would suggest a likely and useful change. lol
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
pb

I added this today. If you go to either topic page: Site Issues or Fuel Talk there's a new option at the top to sort by recent posts or comments. If you click comments, you'll get posts ordered by most recent comment instead of post date.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #5

This works. Thanks for the change!