Temporarily Change Currency/Fuel Units - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

Temporarily Change Currency/Fuel Units

I am Canadian, but often (15-20 times/year) am in the USA. Is there any easy way to insert the fillup in $US/gal for these fillups, but keep the car defaulted to km and $/L? Right now I have to manually convert each of these entries

basilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Member

Currently this is not available but it is on our to-do list for a future update!

Once we get everything sorted out regarding our mobile apps, we'll be able to implement a feature like this.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

To add to this request, I have one motorbike in Spain which has an odometer in kilometres, the other in the UK with an odometer in miles. I can change the distance setting in Fuelly permanently from km to miles, but then all my consumption figures for the Spanish bike are screwed.

So ideally the settings should be per vehicle. And I would also like the flexibility within Fuelly to display the fuel consumption for the UK bike in km/litre even though the odometer is in miles.

I can see two current workarounds, one is to create two separate accounts, the other is to manually convert the miles to km before inputting which is what I'm about to try.
timcullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcullis View Post
To add to this request, I have one motorbike in Spain which has an odometer in kilometres, the other in the UK with an odometer in miles. I can change the distance setting in Fuelly permanently from km to miles, but then all my consumption figures for the Spanish bike are screwed.

So ideally the settings should be per vehicle. And I would also like the flexibility within Fuelly to display the fuel consumption for the UK bike in km/litre even though the odometer is in miles.

I can see two current workarounds, one is to create two separate accounts, the other is to manually convert the miles to km before inputting which is what I'm about to try.
Currently you CAN set your tracking units at the individual vehicle level.
You can get there by clicking Edit Vehicle on the vehicle profile page.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks very much for that.

In case anyone else is in the situation, you need to save a copy of your fuel ups before making this change. I had to convert the figures back to miles and reenter them.

Rather confusingly the log book entries remains in km...

The distances are recorded correctly (in miles) in the iPhone app.
timcullis is offline   Reply With Quote