This has always "bugged" me - why no car/garage search feature? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

This has always "bugged" me - why no car/garage search feature?

I have been on here for several years and I've always wondered about this - unless I'm just somehow blatantly missing something as to the site navigation, why in the world can one NOT search/find garages/gas logs by make/model? To me, this seems like one of the absolute no-brainers of a website like this.

For example, if I want to look up Honda Civics, or Nissan Maximas, or any other make/model on GasSavers garagesr, why is this not an option? It appears to me the only way to get to a certain garage/gas log is to either be linked directly to it, stumble across it on the Top Ten, or manually search through the entire "recent additions" on the garage page.

Again, unless I'm just somehow blatantly missing some obvious feature (and if I am, PLEASE point it out how to do this), I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. Beyond that, it seems to me this should/would be an absolute "foundation" function of the site. I mean, surely I'm not the only person who would like this feature.

james92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: This has always "bugged" me - why no car/garage search feature?

Okay, well, nevermind I guess. I even did a search on the forums for this before posting. But after posting, at the bottom I see "similar threads" and there's a thread in there from Matt on News and Announcements regarding the Google custom search added to the garage page.

I must be an idiot because I've looked for something like that dozens of times and have never noticed it

james92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: This has always "bugged" me - why no car/garage search feature?

If anyone comes across this thread and would like to know the answer, here's a direct link to the search:
http://www.gassavers.org/garage/search