This week's site upgrade, the big picture - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML550Fan View Post
Wow I am NOT happy with the "upgrade" to Fuelly. Seems like a giant step backwards in look and functionality. Loyal user for years and I am frustrated.
Sorry you are frustrated. Can you be more specific about the differences in look? Are you talking about the desktop site or m.fuelly.com?

What functionality do you think we took a step backwards in? I do agree the vehicle classifications is a mess but we will have that sorted in a couple days. What other functionality is different?

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #12
Registered Member

Are you looking into retired vehicles also? I see my ex cars are either missing entirely, or have the wrong details (which cannot be updated since they are retired) which will not help those looking to buy or compare against them.

Overall though, I agree a move to a controlled datasource was needed. Far too many plain text engine options which didn't really exist. I hope the new European datasource will have good info on engine options - I see for my Alfa 159 the list is currently innacurate.

hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:48 AM   #13
Registered Member

There seems to be problems with individual users data.

When I open fuelly at my page it displays
Average UK MPG 31.7; Last UK MPG 34.9; Best UK MPG 37.4 which I believe to be wrong
Once I log on then a running average of 38.6 MPG is displayed (higher than the best ever shown previously) over what number of fills is this supposedly calculated. Clicking on this brings back the opening page where the display now reads
Average UK MPG 38.0; Last UK MPG 41.9; Best UK MPG 45.0 values which I believe are corect

Thought you ought to know there is a problem
TonyGr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #14
Registered Member

Wanted to edit the post above but it doesn't seem possible.
I eventually realised the difference is between using US Gallons and Imperial gallons and that the initial screen does not say UK MPG just MPG.

Is it possible that where a particular user is registered for UK MPG that any page relating to their data shows in UK MPG whoever is viewing it?

I am still interest to know over how many fills the running average is calculated as this is probably a better indicator than individual fills or the all time average
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
Registered Member

Where did all of the Honda PCX and Ninja250 go?
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #16
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
Wanted to edit the post above but it doesn't seem possible.
I eventually realised the difference is between using US Gallons and Imperial gallons and that the initial screen does not say UK MPG just MPG.

Is it possible that where a particular user is registered for UK MPG that any page relating to their data shows in UK MPG whoever is viewing it?

I am still interest to know over how many fills the running average is calculated as this is probably a better indicator than individual fills or the all time average
The running average is an average of the last 10 fillups.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
The running average is an average of the last 10 fillups.
Thanks for the info
Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #18
Registered Member

My TDI's got reclassified as Jetta hybrids. Even today, most of the hybrids listed in a search are actually TDIs. You can tell by either the name of the car (contains "TDI"), the TDI badge depicted in the photo, or engine details which clearly say L4 DIESEL. I hope this can be fixed. It skews the data.

Correction (or update?): It looks like my initial filtering of hybrid vehicles brings up the results which contain TDI's. If I add the filter again, then it lists only hybrids. It's a little wierd. But it looks like it's working better now although I still some "Diesel Hybrids" which don't exist in the USA.
StealthTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
Out of Fuel

If a car says "DIESEL HYBRID" then that is the engine that the owner chose. Engines match exactly to Old Fuelly now.
fbingha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

I'm trying to set up a new profile for my new car I picked up on Monday. It's a 2013 Renault Clio 1.5 DCI Dynamique S.

If I choose 2012 as the year, then make Renault, Model Clio, that's fine. If I select the correct year 2013, then Renault the Clio isn't available as a model. Do you want me to fill out the missing vehicle form?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote