Total Spent - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Kent
Total Spent

Does total spent just count fill ups, or does it include other expenditures you add in to Fuelly?
__________________

Leeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
It includes whatever is listed in the log book under Costs.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
BDC
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 274
Country: United States
How recent is that change?

Seems like a lot of things have been changing behind the scenes lately without any notice. Would be nice to get notifications of when the new devs are changing things.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC View Post
How recent is that change?

Seems like a lot of things have been changing behind the scenes lately without any notice. Would be nice to get notifications of when the new devs are changing things.
This wasn't changed from how Old Fuelly handled the total costs.

When we make significant changes it's usually in response to a post/thread here on the forums. Otherwise a post/thread is made for discussion.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
BDC
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
This wasn't changed from how Old Fuelly handled the total costs.

When we make significant changes it's usually in response to a post/thread here on the forums. Otherwise a post/thread is made for discussion.
I don't remember Old Fuelly ever including maintenance costs in the "total spent" category, because that was a fairly recent change before you guys took over.

I just double checked and New Fuelly doesn't seem to include them in the sum either. I can add in costs under a "vehicle service" note and it doesn't change my "total spent," or annual costs.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC View Post
I don't remember Old Fuelly ever including maintenance costs in the "total spent" category, because that was a fairly recent change before you guys took over.

I just double checked and New Fuelly doesn't seem to include them in the sum either. I can add in costs under a "vehicle service" note and it doesn't change my "total spent," or annual costs.
Because text in "Notes" aren't included in the calculations.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #7
BDC
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Because text in "Notes" aren't included in the calculations.
It's not just text written into the note. It doesn't consider the price field that you enter separately from the note text.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Country: United Kingdom
Location: North East Wales
I can back that up. I have added servicing costs using the 'cost' field to my motorcycle but Total Spent on the vehicle display does not change.
luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hm... well, it should be.

I'll see about getting that fixed. Good catch guys!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Country: Canada
Any hope of getting this fixed? Would be great to see the cost of operating my vehicle that includes service costs.
__________________

Trexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.