Transferring - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Transferring

I'm TOTALLY FED UP with trying to transfer to a new phone!!!! I had no problem getting ALL other apps to work but this one. I have tried phone to phone transfer, drag and drop to both the computer and from one phone to the other while both connected to the computer, copy from one phone to the other, copied to the computer and then to the other phone, put the app on the memory card...NOTHING WORKS !!! Why should it be this difficult ??!?!

wvswag68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you still have your old phone?

If so, please sync the data. Then, on the new phone, login to Fuelly and the data will sync with the new device.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have the old phone but I can no longer connect to the internet since it is deactivated. How and what do I "sync" it to and with? Sync it to the computer, the old phone ?? When I connected them together when I first got the new one I would have thought that all of the info would have transferred over just like it did with all of the other apps. But I do appreciate your response I'm just frustrated.
wvswag68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #4
Site Team

You should be able to get on WiFi even with the phone deactivated.

IF you have GC 2.7 on the old phone:
I apologize for the delay in responding.

Click on the "gears" in the lower left. Next, click "Sync Setup/Login" and enter you email address in the top bar and click "Done" in the top right.

DO NOT CLICK A RED BUTTON AT ANY TIME.

You will receive an email "App Cubby Data Synchronization Verification" for your email address. Click on the verification link.

Then, go to the "Sync/Setup Login" again.

You will have 4 buttons. First, click the "Save Data Backup". Next click "Request Data Backup Link". The last step will likely cause the app to crash. Open the app and click it again to be safe.

You should receive an email with the data back up link.

To update to Gas Cubby 3.0 on the new phone, go to Settings and "Re-run GC 2.7 to GC 3.0 Upgrade. Please see instructions on this process on this page: http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/mis...ade-18895.html

If you have Gas Cubby 3.0 on the old phone, click "Set Up Sync" enter your email and Fuelly password, then "Sync All Data". On the new phone, open the app, click "Set Up Sync" and the data should transfer.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote