Update has lost my July fill-up data? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-07-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Update has lost my July fill-up data?

Hi.

Just got back from a few weeks away, in which time the big software update has taken place.

I have added a couple of fill-ups since my return, but I note that my July fill-up data has seemingly disappeared?

Also, my login has reverted back to a previous email address/password.

My first fill-up after the break registered something like 192MPG (I wish...), whilst my averate is about 38MPG, so there are quite a few miles-worth of fill-ups now missing.

Please help. Thanks.

corned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

This is strange...
Do you remember how you were entering the fill-ups in July? How many were there? After entering them did you see them listed in your fuel-log on the site, or app?

As for the login changing, that's definitely odd since none of that was changed and moved over from Old Fuelly.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Robert.

I may have to let the login issue go - it is possible I did not update Fuelly with my new email address when I migrated from one email account to the new one. I was pretty sure I had changed all my logins, but the possibility remains that I missed one. Although it is odd that my browser saved email/password for Fuelly was my new one...?

After I fill in the fuelly 'add fill-up', I usually just toss the receipt away, so I don't have any conclusive proof of dates, mileages, etc in July unfortunately. I just know that I must have had at least one fill-up in the month, as a tank never lasts more than 2-3 weeks, and my last fill-up recorded on here is from the end of June, before I went away at the end of July. I always use the site by the way - never the app. I have never noticed any fill-up *not* update the records appropriately.

Just to aggravate the situation, the first two fills after my return were only partial, so it won't be until I next fill up that any sudden spikes in mpg/mileage etc will show up.

I just wondered if it was perhaps possible to look at any pre-upgrade data backups to see if anything was there which isn't now? Although I appreciate that's probably quite a job to undertake just for one person's record...
Old 09-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

I passed this along to our Team to review.

I took a quick look at Old Fuelly (pre-move data) and it showed your last logged fill-up was June 5th.
This makes sense since we moved June 12th.

We'll take a look at some backups and see if we can retrieve any data for July. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
Registered Member

You've got me doubting my own sanity now!

Although I have to say my last 2 fills before the upgrade were 6 June and 30 June...? (Not counting any in July I have yet to remember!)
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corned View Post
You've got me doubting my own sanity now!

Although I have to say my last 2 fills before the upgrade were 6 June and 30 June...? (Not counting any in July I have yet to remember!)
Timezones... June 6 would be correct. I show your June 30 fill-up as well. But that would've been entered after the move to New Fuelly.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:58 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hi Robert,

Just thought I would come back to this one for some closure. After a couple of partial fill-ups the car has now beem brimmed for the first time in a while, and the data doesn't look out of place.

I would assume a missed fill-up would cause a large spike in the mpg graph, and there isn't one.

I think I'll have to put this one down to age... Sorry to have troubled you.