Vehicle Notes - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
pb

Vehicle Notes

Now you can note oil changes, maintenance, or even just your thoughts about a vehicle by clicking Add a note from the left menu. Recent notes will show up on your vehicle profile page, and your fuel-log for that vehicle.

We aren't doing much with the odometer field right now, but you might want to use that to track where your vehicle was when you got an oil change.

Please post any problems or ideas for improving notes here.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Idea: What if we had the ability to set a "HEADS UP" when a certain mileage point comes up? Tires to be rotated at this point, oil change at this point, tranny flush at this point, etc? So when we come up to our cars home page, we can see what alarms are showing up. We could see the next 5-10 things that need to be done.

Somewhere in one of my excel spreadsheets, I had a method to calculate my average KM/Day traveled based on the first day I owned the car, to the last fuel entry I put in. I then took a look at when the next thing to be looked at was and gave an estimated date on when that particular job was due to be done.

The reason I mention this is I can then take a look, at a glance, and see how soon a particular job is required to be done based on a DATE instead of how many miles/KM I might drive.

Its SOMEWHAT getting outside of keeping track of fuel mileage, but a properly maintained vehicle WILL get better mileage than a car thats not been maintained.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

I like Pontiac's idea about the "heads up" about upcoming events based on miles or maybe your own pre-set date?
mauirixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
pb

Yep, I like the idea too. I think it's a separate feature from the new vehicle notes, but it would be handy. Someone else asked for reminders via Email or SMS a while back too. It's definitely something we'll consider.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #5

First, great site. Just imported 202 fuelups.

I always wanted to write a similar site for my own personal use, but do to lack of time, I like others had an Excel spreadsheet .

Ditto: For routine maintenance items, track the actuals scheduled mileage (5000), actual mileage performed(5327), date, then forecast the next scheduled maintenance based on current driving habits. You could even track routine repairs like tires, brakes, and muffler.

For non-maintenance items, like a service repair, track the problem such as Fourth Gear Pressure Switch, date, and mileage, so others can query for similar problems.

Keep up the good work.

-Tom
tchmiel is offline   Reply With Quote