Webpage Advertisments - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Angry Webpage Advertisments

Hey
I really like the idea of tracking fuel consumption (I've been doing it for 30 years!) and this website makes it easy to share with everyone REAL fuel consumption numbers. Having said this, all of us are freely giving out all this information (fuel prices, dates, fuel vendors, vehicles, etc.) and yet there are STILL irritating advertisements popping up every time I input numbers. I would be VERY surprised if this data is not being sold to third parties, and allowing vendors to put advertisements on the page is obviously to increase revenue. This webpage/forum setup is VERY similar to others out there, so I'm not sure where all the costs are coming from. The advertisements should be removed.

GeorgeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
Registered Member

Since the site is free to use, the owners need some kind of income to keep the servers running and the bandwidth open. They aren't getting it for free.

If an ad showed up or reloaded everytime I entered data into a field, I would get annoyed with it quick, but I'm not seeing that, and I made sure the adblocker was off . I'm also using Firefox, if that makes a difference.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

There is a fair bit of empty space on the forum etc, so I don't find the ads intrusive at all, barely notice them now. It's not like they are pop ups, now that would be annoying.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Pop ups could be a sign of malware on your computer.

I use Spybot search and destroy on my home computer to scan and remove anything that might get on to it. There are other free apps out there also.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
Site Team

We do have ads on Fuelly, but I have not seen any popup ads and I am on Fuelly more hours per day than most.

I would check your system for malware.

Occasionally, an ad may slip through in the Google ads that we do not want on Fuelly, if you do see something like that, we can block them. Next time you get a popup, post a screenshot of it, it may help us track down if it is coming through from one of the "approved" advertisers.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote