Try Clearing your Cookies from your browser, then re Login to enable the cookies to download to your browser. Chek that they are there after you login. YOu should see one called "display_units". IF that is not there, then the PHP (Server code) has not set your preference yet.
Logout, then restart your browser, and re-login, then go to Settings. YOu should see a dropdown box, and a n arrow pointing down click the Arrow(on the right), and the combo menu box should open up with 4 choices, US , Metric L/100Km , UK, Metric km/L.
The US Gallons is the default measure for fuel consumption in the USA.
YOur Kia Sportage is averaging 10.5 L/100km , last fill-up was 8.5 Km/100L.
The SYM orbit is averaging 3.8 L/100km, and the last fill-up was 4.0
It was none of the above. I originally set everything to metric, but somehow when I logged in one day, the litres were gone and fuelly watned gallons. I added a new Kia, intending to delete the old one, but somehow muddled my way to the kia's specs and there I could change everything back to metric. I then deleted the new Kia, which was now redundant. I tried to repeat the process this this morning, as an experiment, but could not remember the path.
Thanks again for your concern.