Give it up for CA... :( - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > Vegetable Oil and BioDiesel
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #11
Registered Member

There's also just dumping it into a tank in the car connected to the fuel lines. It's not being transported if it's a fuel source, just drain it at home to filter/dewater. Or pay a flat fee and have an employee drop it off at the house if it's close enough, since they're exempt, and would be getting payed for something they used to pay for. It's not a significant obstacle, but very irritating... I've heard businesses are a bit pickier since they can get heat for giving it to an unlicensed transporter.

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I couldn't find the leagle definition of "transport" in californa, but from reading thru the whole law, and from having read thru other laws on vehicles, I highly suspect that the law is targeted at people who are getting paid to haul used oil, and that if you are doing it for personal use, then you are exempt, just like you can have a friend in your car, but you can't offer rides in exchange for money unless you jump thru hoops.
I meen after all they state in the law that you have to have your "buissness name on the side of your transport vehicle" you are not doing this as a buissness.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

At it again. If we wanna run a diesel car that gets decent mileage offa WVO, welp, I guess we gotta pay for it. Course, this won't do crap to the rendering companies or heavy users. The ones who commute 100 miles per day in a diesel Fjord or chebby that gets 10mpg.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
Registered Member

California is leading the way.
The intent is, ultimately to remove you from your private vehicle and into public transportation.
That doing the above is utterly impractical is irrelevant, the purpose is to control your movements while at the same time seperating you from as much of your money as possible.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
Unjust laws shouldn't even be followed. I'd never pay the fee.
^ ^ Ditto
-Becoming the Archetype
thecheese429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
Registered Member

They have to pay for their wasteful train to nowhere somehow....What consistutes illegal transfer? Likely any transfer that is not taxed..... they basically saw a new place to tax and went for it. Sad.
biglake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
Registered Member

Buried in todays paper was a story about Governor Moonbeam being in China, trying to arrange loans....................
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
Registered Member

Mind-boggling, probably wanting to trade some medicinal MJ to the fellers, you know, the stuff grown in our national forests illegally. Few people understand China, I've lived and worked there. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them....

Thanks for the Gov Moonbeam! A perfect description..... lives in another world.....
biglake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #19
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to MichaelTroum Send a message via AIM to MichaelTroum Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelTroum Send a message via Skype™ to MichaelTroum
Give it up for CA

Sorry to bring up a dead topic, but for those of you who may want a Volkl sponsorship, what are the ranking requirements? State, Regional, National,

MichaelTroum is offline   Reply With Quote