12 V Solar Power - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #11
Registered Member

I would like to get an LED bulb, but I think I will wait for a couple years for the price to go down/efficiency to go up. I am using a 12V CF bulb, so no inverter is necessary. I used to read by a 25 watt 12 V incandecent and found it quite bright...also those bulbs are only 2$ as opposed to 12$ for the CF. I may get one of those for a 2nd lamp.

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #12
Registered Member

I also have an LED headlamp. It is a single super bright LED model (about 2yrs old). It is great, it always works, and has yet to run out of batteries. I was thinking about rechargables, but it may be years before my batteries run out.

GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I use a single 9 watt CF for over 10 years now lighting my entire office and it is up high so I don't get any emf from it I used to have two of them but one died. What is really neat is the 26" HDTV on the low power screen brightness setting only uses 55-57 watts and looks great and helps light up the room. The old 13" tube TV used about 60 watts.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
they tend to cost a bit more, but the Luxeon LED's http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR
for cars seem like they would be ideal, extreamly bright, I have one of the flashlight 3 watt LED's (two of them now) in my flashlight, and they are brighter then kripton bulbs in a mag light (new bulb, flashlight, and batteries comparied side by side), I also gave a 19 LED white cluster that was made to fit in the back up light socket to a friend who has a cabin and ran it straight off a car battery with no charger for many many months straight.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote