2007 Microcar Calendar - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #1

2007 Microcar Calendar

I already posted this to the ANZ and the 2CYL yahoo groups, so this will be double posted at least for Matt.

First, check out http://www.boogerballs.com if you haven't. Boogerballs is a term of endearment for micro cars thought up by the website's creator, Jeff Loughridge. He produces illustrations of micro cars and then uses Cafe Press to put these illustrations on various items for sale.

Someone on the 2CYL list put me in touch with him when looking for a Honda N600 calendar. Jeff has made a poster style one sheet calendar with the illustration of the N. I was looking for something more like a 12 page calendar. I emailed Jeff and the same day got back to me and told me to pick out 12 illustrations and he'd set up a calendar.

He's done a very good job with it...if anyone is interested, they can be found here:

http://www.cafepress.com/boogerballs.93143913

http://www.cafepress.com/boogerballs.93143914

Tamara's getting me one for my birthday this month. If you're a microcar fan, get one!

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I hate those kind of microcars.

I like microcars like the Costin-Nathan, Davrian, Diva Valkyr, Emery GT, Ginetta G15, Goggomobil Dart, Imperator GTS, Lombardi Gran Prix, The Red Liner, Voodoo, among others.

If microcars are to appeal to a broad range of Americans with today's relatively low gas prices, they need to be fast and sexy. These cars above generally got over 40-50 mpg and 0-60 mph < 8 seconds, which are both exceptional figures for the 1950s and 60s!

Why, a V8 would really do these cars justice. If not that, a 4-cylinder turbodiesel of 200+ horsepower.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
If microcars are to appeal to a broad range of Americans with today's relatively low gas prices, they need to be fast and sexy.
Amen to that! Just because a car gets 50+mpg doesn't mean that it can't be styled like a Ferrari! I'd still be driving a 35+ mpg Fiero if it weren't for the fact that auto mechanics won't touch them anymore.
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

Neat products and neat artwork. Love the Abarth stuff, had a neighbor with one. His interests do drift to bigger cars, Ford Cortina, Alfa GTV, Daf and the Citroen 2CV are out of the microcar scale.

Actually, what is it about Alfas and Citroens, oftentimes, here in the US the same people own both!?!

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Registered Member

The Daft Dutch Daf....

http://www.cafepress.com/boogerballs/943048

Neat cars, bought out by Volvo. The closest to a Daf in the US now is the 40series Volvo, Dutch built.

Daf mouspads, mugs, dog shirt.....DAF THONG!

http://www.cafepress.com/boogerballs.35829191

Small underwear for a small car? A lot of women's stuff for Daf, there is a club in the US, (a Mr. Kaz Wozoski or the like in NJ was president 17+ years ago) but very limited following, I wonder if there is some other reason for this (Daf a band name or the like?)

The only famous owner of the Daf I can think of now is the late film director/actor Jacques Tati. In fact, some filming was done inside this and the Renault factory in his last film "Trafic".

-Emil Faber
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
Registered Member

Omgz, I saw a EV converted Daf Luxe in good condition for $700 on ebay a while back, and was kicking myself for not picking up a job/having enough cash to grab it.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I hate those kind of microcars.
To each their own. I only posted this link because I knew there was some Honda 600 interest on the board, and the calendar features the car for one month. I'm buying this calendar because I like classic micro-cars. I also like more modern keicars, but right now my shop is knee deep in 35+ year old car parts.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
..... right now my shop is knee deep in 35+ year old car parts.
Useless, but too cool to ditch sometimes.

Around 1990, I bought the remaining stock of a US Citroen dealership parts inventory. A real mixed bag of stuff, but unfortunately, a lot of "wear" bits were gone (brake pads for example) but there was scads of trim and other stuff, much of it I boxed up and sent back accross the pond for a healthy sum....

-Emil Faber