America, a Depository of the Gifts of the World - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

America, a Depository of the Gifts of the World

As the 4th of July nears, here is an essay about what is great about The United States

America, a Depository of the Gifts of the World
by Jim Rohn

As we’ve entered more than one-tenth of the way into this new millennium, one of the major challenges for all of us is to learn to live together on this one planet we all share.
Hopefully, we will all discover that by living and working together we will all benefit.

I believe America is a great example of this. Guess what has made America powerful? The blending of many ethnic streams that have come to America over the last 200 years.
No country has been such a depository of the gifts of the world like America.
For over 200 years, people have come from all over the world to America, bringing with them their recipes and their food. Their music and their dance and their artistic ability.
The gift of law and the gift of government. The gift of medicine and the gift of healing. The gift of religion and the gift of the work ethic.

All of this did not start here. All of it came here from all the countries of the world. In fact, it is an incredible list - how many people outside their native countries live in America.
The most Japanese outside of Japan live in America; the most Italians outside of Italy live in America; the most Koreans outside of Korea live in America;
the most Puerto Ricans outside of Puerto Rico live in America. You can go right down the list, country after country.
The list is so long it's unbelievable, but that is what has made America so unbelievably powerful. The contribution of all the ethnic streams that have been coming here for 200 years is incredible.

We must all now recognize what an incredible opportunity we all have before us, as this giant planet seems to get smaller all around us.
And remember that it is our diversity that when mixed together can create genius.
It is the combination of the soft sound of the flute and the crash of the symbols that make up the brilliant sounds of the symphony orchestra.
In our challenges to learn better how to live together, let us also find new opportunities to create future genius and miracles in our world and with each other.

Jim Rohn Home Page

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

I love telling people about where I work for this very reason.

I work in the semiconductor/communication industry. I work in a Design group that makes wireless communication chips.

I work with people from...
-Mexico
-China
-Canada
-India
-Korea
-Vietnam
-Palestine
-Africa (not sure the exact country)
-Austrailia
-... and a few americans

I love the fact that where I work is so diverse. The Man I work with most (who has his PhD) was born and raised in China and got his undergrad education in London and his Doctorate at NC State University. It is amazing what brings people to my area and why they stay.

I know my story is not that unique compared to some of the Silicon Valley stories in California but It's kinda neat on the east coast.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote