An American Perspective on Driving in Canada - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: Quote:It gets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Quote:
It gets 22city/31freeway, runs on regular, 268hp and runs low 14's in the 1/4 mile STOCK! Not to mention it's a 6 speed auto that has a manual mode. Did I mention it only costs $23k??
My argument against this car is why would I want to buy a car for a lot of money that gets terrible gas mileage, and is also worthless in any kind of fun racing.

Thanks for this stuff too, I talked about it a lot today at a sudan peace march,
I'm saying for someone who has a need for a bigger car or to haul people around it is a good choice. Plus look at fuel economy performance ratio. It looks good for this car.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
*shrug*

Quote:I'm saying for someone

Quote:
I'm saying for someone who has a need for a bigger car or to haul people around it is a good choice. Plus look at fuel economy performance ratio. It looks good for this car.
I think the prius and civic are disgustingly large. Also, I would think of the 20 or so people I know that driver > 2 seaters and think of the times when I've seen 1 of them carry three and the fact that I have no need for more seats. A five seater HCH is crazy roomy to me.

I'm more about the extravagence to necesity ratio.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
Registered Member

I'm all about power and fuel

I'm all about power and fuel economy. This car gets better gas mileage than my car and is a whole lot faster. Those who are looking for the same combo as me would probably buy it.

If I had 25k to blow right now I wouldn't get the HCH or the prius, they are seriously underdeveloped. It's a sad truth. Don't get me wrong, they are reliable and get some awesome mileage but seriously underdeveloped.

Seriously think about this the HCH is $22k, the regular civic is 14k. I can buy the regular civic, do a complete underbody of the car, get some lightweight rims, inflate the tires to the max sidewall pressure and get the same mpg as a STOCK HCH. And I will still have a couple of grand in my pocket.

Just to show you how sad it is Dan is getting Prius/HCH mileage on his del sol which sucks at airdonamics(sorry dan).

The idea of buying a Prius or a HCH just digusts me. What a rip off for something we can have cheaper without installing a hybrid system.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #14
*shrug*

Quote:I wouldn't get the HCH

Quote:
I wouldn't get the HCH or the prius, they are seriously underdeveloped.
How so?

Quote:
Seriously think about this the HCH is $22k, the regular civic is 14k. I can buy the regular civic, do a complete underbody of the car, get some lightweight rims, inflate the tires to the max sidewall pressure and get the same mpg as a STOCK HCH. And I will still have a couple of grand in my pocket.
We had this arguement before, if I recall. You will spend a lot on lightweight rims for that car, by the way.

Quote:
Just to show you how sad it is Dan is getting Prius/HCH mileage on his del sol which sucks at airdonamics(sorry dan).
Is it just me or did his Prius get 109 mpg?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Registered Member

With the technology we got

With the technology we got now those cars should be getting 75mpg stock without any tire inflations, or grill blocks. The oil companies are involved in this.

Lighweight rims are cheap compared to the 22k prius or HCH.

It got 109mpg going at certain speeds, besides that car was modified a bit. I can get 50+mpg at certain speeds too. For daily driving purposes it won't even get close 100mpg.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #16
*shrug*

Quote:With the technology we

Quote:
With the technology we got now those cars should be getting 75mpg stock without any tire inflations, or grill blocks. The oil companies are involved in this.
Care to explain?

Quote:
It got 109mpg going at certain speeds, besides that car was modified a bit. I can get 50+mpg at certain speeds too. For daily driving purposes it won't even get close 100mpg.
Wayne, I think, one of Dan's friends owned an Insight that got 109 mpg for an entire tank (1400-1500 miles) while daily driving. Besides, I believe the prius was stock at the time, right?

http://www.jaydm.com/battle.htm

Lightweight rims for that ish, 600 shipped for the cheapest, ugliest ones, not to mention new tires, since you won't have the LRRs that come stock on the HCH.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #17
Registered Member

All I'm saying is with the

All I'm saying is with the technology we got now those cars should be getting some really good mpg.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #18
*shrug*

Quote:All I'm saying is with

Quote:
All I'm saying is with the technology we got now those cars should be getting some really good mpg.
Unfortunately the technology we have is going to make cars most people won't get 20mpg with. I got 23 mpg on my gramma's 5.8 liter crown vic, and ****, I was beating it's *** too.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #19
Registered Member

Re: Quote:It gets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Quote:
It gets 22city/31freeway, runs on regular, 268hp and runs low 14's in the 1/4 mile STOCK! Not to mention it's a 6 speed auto that has a manual mode. Did I mention it only costs $23k??
My argument against this car is why would I want to buy a car for a lot of money that gets terrible gas mileage, and is also worthless in any kind of fun racing.

Thanks for this stuff too, I talked about it a lot today at a sudan peace march,
LOL -- I don't know where to start. First, the slavery in Sudan is definitely a problem. Secondly, buying your wife a Camry is like buying her a washing machine for Christmas. Besides, it has to be a Honda or Acura - no substitutes. We're willing to flex on the age up to 2-3 years used. I'm researching the import rules on Canadian vehicles into the U.S. and it looks promising thus far. I'm digging into the the Code of Federal Regulations (excellent reading if you can't get to sleep some night).

RH77
Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
Registered Member

I'd wait for the next gen

I'd wait for the next gen accord then. I think it will jump on the 3.5 liter bandwagon. I love the current accord due to it's 6800rpm and an available 6 speed. I think the next accord will be 250+hp and 6500+redline. I just hope they come out with a 6 speed auto too that you can shift manually.

BUT the new camry is cheaper, faster, and reliable, if not more than reliable than the current accord.