Another Civic Si, another not-at-fault accident - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Another Civic Si, another not-at-fault accident

Fetch's photos:

Old 11-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
Registered Member

That was the first Si. That one bit it in April.

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Oops, thought I had the right one.

Ok, I guess this is the one:

Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Registered Member

that curtain airbag tears some stuff up. wow, did it end up being totalled?

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #15
Registered Member

The other driver's insurance company still has not called me back. They told me on Monday that I need to call them if they don't get back to me by Tuesday. I called them Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I left messages. They have not called. I'll end up calling my insurance company tomorrow. I really wanted to go through the other driver's insurance so I don't have to pay a deductible. ARGH!

Thanks for posting the pics, Rick.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Registered Member

After talking to the insurance adjuster, the Borg will likely end up totaled. It is definitely totaled if they cannot find junkyard parts to use.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Registered Member

yup another throwaway car is gone, theres alot of underlaying structural damage to that rear if it didnt bend the whole rear axle. Also alot of very hard/tricky repairs to be done even with replacement JY pannels...

airbags are about 2-3 grand to replace just for the bag, not the sensor, headliner, etc

glad another one of those butt ugly mr-s are off the road though! (haven't seen one in years and its been good haha)

Id keep pestering his insurance every day 5 times a day. Talk to your insurance and tell them they wont answer you, usually when your insurance threatens to sue his insurance stuff happens fast :P Also demand you wont pay your deductible (if you weren't at fault) i mean why should you have to pay anything for someone elses mistake? kinda like having to repay a robber for the bullets he shot you with...

In this day and age you gotta be mean/rough with insurance companies ESPECIALLY other peoples.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
yup another throwaway car is gone, theres alot of underlaying structural damage to that rear if it didnt bend the whole rear axle. Also alot of very hard/tricky repairs to be done even with replacement JY pannels...

airbags are about 2-3 grand to replace just for the bag, not the sensor, headliner, etc

glad another one of those butt ugly mr-s are off the road though! (haven't seen one in years and its been good haha)

Id keep pestering his insurance every day 5 times a day. Talk to your insurance and tell them they wont answer you, usually when your insurance threatens to sue his insurance stuff happens fast :P Also demand you wont pay your deductible (if you weren't at fault) i mean why should you have to pay anything for someone elses mistake? kinda like having to repay a robber for the bullets he shot you with...

In this day and age you gotta be mean/rough with insurance companies ESPECIALLY other peoples.
The other guy's insurance company (Farmers) is trying to say it's dual-fault. As in, partly my fault. For driving in a straight line in a single lane going at or within 3 mph of the speed limit. They won't pay 100%, so I told them I would have my insurance company get it from them. I will have to pay a deductible to my insurance company, but the car will be covered 100%. It is ridiculous what Farmers insurance is doing.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
Registered Member

whats the ticket say??? How can farmers claim that its dual fault when the police report says its his...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
whats the ticket say??? How can farmers claim that its dual fault when the police report says its his...
Progressive did that to me when I was rear-ended by another Progressive customer. Insurance companies can assign fault however they want and all you can do is take your business elsewhere.