Any firearm enthusiasts? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #21
Driving on E

Here are my guns

BOOYAH!

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #22
Supporting Member

I do own a Remington 870 and i plan on a Ruger 10-22 in the next few weeks. I shoot 3-4 times a week. With the 22 i would be able to up it to every day because its a lot less noise and money to shoot. I do hunt some but for the most part i just practice on clays.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #23
Supporting Member

one of mine. Remington 870 police. Parkerized with speedfeed IV pistol grip stock. This is a great home defense gun, although I don't really use it for that.

I have thought about my gun control opinions. The fastest the police have ever arrived at our complex is 5 minutes. In 3 years of ownership of 67 units we have personally apprehended 3 criminals. Can you say "citizens arrest". Never once did we need or use a gun. We've carefully studied there use/purpose and found that we don't need them. But we're never far from them.

A criminal can rape and kill your whole family before the police can get to you. I can't bench 400lbs and jujitsu you a rapist/thief into submission, I can and will run. But unfortunately I can't run with my entire family. I've taken an oath to defend them with my life "to love, honor, and protect" yes that oath. If forced to I will defend my family with deadly force. Period.

I'll put this in plain english so you can understand. There have been several murders, attempted murders etc. in my area. I have taken necessary precautions, I do not allow my wife out after dark, I do not let her walk to the bank, we drive defensively, we lock our doors. I protect my family.
You protect yours how you see fit.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisirk View Post
I recently purchased a Beretta Neos in .22 LR with a six inch barrel and a red dot sight. It's quite a fun gun to plink with. I'm looking at buying a S&W M&P in either 9mm or .40 S&W. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? I handled one at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and it fit my hand like a glove.
I looked a the neo but settled on the ruger mk III hunter. I wanted a buckmark but my dealer couldn't get order the one I wanted, after shopping for a while and going many different places I got the ruger. It has a nice aftermarket.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 AM   #25

For those interested in home defense weapons - I myself am a fan of the .40 cal. I think it is a great compromise between the 9mm (smaller) and the .45 ACP (bigger). True, while a revolver won't jam, I feel more comfortable with a 10 round capacity.

Now, for my small collection (not nearly what Coyote X's is). Gun haters be ready to REALLY hate my collection:

Top to bottom.
Top is an Olympic Arms K40GL. It's an AR-15 variant in carbine length that shoots .40 cal from Glock magazines. Yes, that is a 31 round Glock mag in it. This is my newest weapon, so it isn't quite outfitted the way I want it yet. This gun is for a mixture between fun and home defense. Overkill for home defense? Not really. First off it's only a .40 cal so it won't be blowing through the bad guy and my exterior wall and my neighbor's house like a rifle cartridge. Second, scare factor - you'd run if you saw me come out of the bedroom with this. Third - accuracy. 16" barrel compared to the typical 4" or less barrel on a handgun, yeah.

Next is the black handgun, a Steyr M40 (also .40 cal). This is my carry weapon. I was sold on this gun because of how easy the sight picture is to adjust to when "popping up."

Next is a Romanian WASR-10, an AK-47 variant (7.62 x 39mm). This gun is strictly fun to shoot.

Next is a Taurus Millennium 9mm, my wife's home defense / soon to be carry weapon. It actually holds 12 rounds and is smaller than my M40!

Next is an SKS (7.62 x 39mm) - another strictly fun gun, though I sometimes outfit it with a low capacity magazine, take of the bayonet, and let my friends hunt with it, it's very accurate.

I also own a Remington Model 700 with a Leupold scope (.30-06) for deer hunting and a Remington 870 Express (12 ga shotgun) for bird hunting.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
I think my collection last I looked was 37 rifles and 25 pistols. A lot of them are worth a pretty good bit. I would say 20 of them are over 50 years old.
Coyote X - what is your oldest firearm? Any Civil War era stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrick
I can't believe this discussion is being had.
Aren't we being a little anti-FIRST and second amendment here?

Quote:
Look at gun deaths in America compared to anywhere else in the world.
In England guns are illegal. Only the cops and the bad guys have them, but the good citizens aren't exempt from being shot. Here in America, at least we have a chance and the right to defend ourselves.

Quote:
Anything else is ridiculous.
What about home defense - for the person that LEAVES their gun at home?

Quote:
The idiot (not all gun-carriers are idiots) carrying a gun is just as bad...
CORRECT!!! Which is why not just anybody can go get a concealed weapon permit! It is illegal to carry a firearm concealed in your car or anywhere on your person without a permit.

Quote:
SVOboy, you can count that there are two sensible people on these boards.
Don't you think this statement is a little harsh buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I live to own guns! **** free speech, I shoot my story onto the front page!
I am a staunch supporter of both first and second amendment rights! The way you put it here Ben sounds like all we want to do is go blasting things and people away. 99% of the time when I am carrying, NOBODY knows it. I have a good reason for carrying too. A few years back I was robbed and brutally beaten. If I had had a gun, it might not have happened. And before you get the chance to say "what if they took it from you and killed you with it" - that is a risk I am willing to take to protect myself and others around me. Think if one of the kids at Virgina Tech had had a gun, they could have ended that sad tragedy very early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad
The fact is, we live in a violent society where people can break into your house with little regard for you or ones you care about. If you want to be passive and hope they don't harm anyone or try to chase them out with a baseball bat, that's your choice. If someone breaks into my house and tries to harm my wife or daughter, I'm going to shoot them.
I whole heartedly agree with this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrick
Think of the arms race and car size race to understand this issue better.
Please expound on this point - I'm very interested to see how you tie these two together, especially seeing how many guns aren't made in this country, while most large cars are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisirk
I recently purchased a Beretta Neos in .22 LR with a six inch barrel and a red dot sight. It's quite a fun gun to plink with. I'm looking at buying a S&W M&P in either 9mm or .40 S&W. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? I handled one at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and it fit my hand like a glove.
How do you like the red-dot sight? I really want to get one for my AR-15. I haven't used the M&P yet, but I do like S&W. I'm more of a .40 guy than a 9mm guy. I really like the Springfield XD40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X
The main reason I think everyone should have a gun though really is to make sure the government stays afraid of it's citizens. All the rest of this stuff is a secondary issue to the fact that a govt that has to be afraid of an armed revolt will act a lot nicer than a govt that just has to kill/jail protesters.
Wow, excellent point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTimion
Sexy Matt!

And one last thing for the anti-gun crowd: I know there is no swaying you, which is fine. That's one thing I ABSOLUTELY LOVE about this country - we have a right to express our own passionate opinion (1st amendment ). But to say we (gun owners) are mental patients or are crazed people, you're letting your emotions run a little high. The second amendment is something I'm very passionate about, as I'm sure you're passionate about getting it repealed. The difference is I'm not calling you a blathering idiot or a moron for being on the other side of the argument.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:06 AM   #27
Registered Member

lovemysan: Why you feel the need to "put this in plain english" so that I can understand escapes me. I think that I present myself as an intelligent enough person that I don't need help in this way. Perhaps it was that MY argument escaped YOU? Either way, I was not trying to attack you. I am attacking the beliefs that gun owners hold. Not the person. What scares me is that you seem to have taken offense from what I said. THAT is reason enough for you to not own guns. I live in, and always have lived in, a very safe area. Sure, a 45 minute drive east would land me in the murder capital of the nation, Detroit city, but my suburb is unbelievably safe. Same goes for Toyota city, which I currently call my home. If you TRULY cared about your family, you would move them to a safer place. Sure you may have a less enjoyable lifestyle and you may have to make sacrifices in your work life, but as the safety of your loved ones is top priority, that would be my suggestion to you. Like you said, you are doing many defensive things. Problem is the aggressor always has the upper hand. A crafty thief could easily break into your house, kill you in your sleep, and have their way with your family. Chances of this happening in a safer area would drastically decrease. I am just offering this as my opinion on the matter. Please take it or leave it as you see fit.

Coyote X: I highly agree with your last statement. This may seem crazy for me to say, but I have a strong distrust of (the) government, as an entity and ideology, and think that people should always protect themselves from it. Problem is that Americans have NO sense of unity, and they could never pull anything substantial enough to threaten the government. It would become an "every man for himself" kind of deal. You do make a good point though.

And with that I withdraw myself from this thread before I say something that I regret. Have fun with your guns, and keep it safe. Honestly.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 AM   #28

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree Erdrick. I don't think anyone has taken offense to what you said, it's just that we're passionate about our stance, just as you are about yours. Tying this together to say this is even more reason we shouldn't own guns is utterly ridiculous.

True, I'd LOVE to move to a better place. The truth of the matter is, I just moved here, the housing market is crap right now, and protecting myself and my wife by purchasing firearms is less expensive than moving. Plus, you can only run for so long - the "city" keeps expanding outward - I'm choosing to stop running from it and stand against the crime that comes with it.

If the aggressor has the upper hand, then I must be the aggressor when someone illegally enters my house.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 AM   #29
Registered Member

I think Erdrick point, is that it takes a serious effort to NOT think like stick wielding monkeys. And that if such a mentality could take root that we would all be better off in the end.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #30
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
I am a staunch supporter of both first and second amendment rights! The way you put it here Ben sounds like all we want to do is go blasting things and people away. 99% of the time when I am carrying, NOBODY knows it. I have a good reason for carrying too. A few years back I was robbed and brutally beaten. If I had had a gun, it might not have happened. And before you get the chance to say "what if they took it from you and killed you with it" - that is a risk I am willing to take to protect myself and others around me. Think if one of the kids at Virgina Tech had had a gun, they could have ended that sad tragedy very early.
Oh, I wasn't referring to you, just lovemysan's assertion that we "live to own guns" because I think it's a ridiculous thing to say.

Think if more kids at virginia tech owned guns and had access to them everytime they got depressed over some girl like the murderer in this instance. I had a friend get kicked out of school for 3 terms for keeping a concealed weapon at school, and I'm glad. You people may talk about how it's scary to walk the streets at night with all the crime, but you know, most of the time you're the ones I'm scared of.

I've been saying it for a while now, the US is too old and too stuck in its ways, that's why I'm getting out of here asap...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote