Any firearm enthusiasts? - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #51
Registered Member

Oh yeah and...

I carry a handgun or two daily, along with at least one sharp pointy thingy. I am well versed in Kenpo, Shorin Ryu, and American Combatives as well, and will use force as a last resort, my wallet? Car? take em' but the moment I think my life is at stake all bets are off.. I work in bad areas, I WILL go home to my girls if at all possible.

If you choose not to exercise your 2nd amendment right thats fine, but don't disparage those of us who choose to be sheepdogs instead of sheep, after all it might just be your mom, sister, brother, or child whom one of us risks our life and freedom to protect. I suspect there a a couple of folks on this thread that are aghast at the "facist Bush regime's" actions? Trust me guys if we ever get a real facist here, you'll want the rest of us to have weapons. Especially when you are on your knees in a muddy ditch waiting for your "turn".

And just to really enrage and shock you

I believe anyone with a D or an R attached to their name is likely screwing us, and dividing us to control us.

I dont care if you are Black, Brown, red, yellow, gay, or a steelers fan as long as you are an American first.

And I kill furry woodland creatures.......and EAT THEM!

Fueled by 100% pure Organic Venison (and squirrel, um and rabbit, uh and pheasant.......)

Rikki

rikkitikkitavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #52
Registered Member

Rikki,

rage? shock? nope, very well said actually.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #53
Registered Member

Not shock?!? 6.5 million jews asked for it and not shock? Culture shock if nothing else. What of the mom that does not want her son to kill for her? No respect.

Are we mad at the criminal element or the victims here?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #54
Registered Member

my collection 357 Rossi, 870 pump rem shotgun, 2 180+yrs old rifles with steel buts(I think its a Burnside) one is a 50cal one 46cal/sniper?? breech loaders(no ammo/to much rust). guns always loaded unless niece or nephew comes over. Wifes firearms are in her dads gun cabinet 12 rifles/shotguns. she was a fine hunter back in the day in Louisiana. If i ever needed to carry, my dad has a lightweight all aluminum snub nose 38 that would be nice for good mpg in my veh.
ffvben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #55
Supporting Member

[QUOTE=4bfox;83110]"Now... I really do have to get out there and excercise my 1911A1 into some paper bullseyes."

Nice I would like to get one as my first handgun. There a piece of history and are amazing guns.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #56
Registered Member

What do you guys think of a Sig P226 .40 S&W and/or Mossberg 500 hs410 to be used specifically for home defense/occasional shooting range? I want something well built and reliable but budget friendly (I know, I want it all). As for this debate, I live by the thought that guns are weapons that should be respected, and like automobiles and condoms, should be used carefully and competently to prevent accidents. Plus I don't live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood and I like to be prepared for when the occasional **** hits the fan. Mak

MakDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #57
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakDiesel View Post
What do you guys think of a Sig P226 .40 S&W and/or Mossberg 500 hs410 to be used specifically for home defense/occasional shooting range? I want something well built and reliable but budget friendly (I know, I want it all). As for this debate, I live by the thought that guns are weapons that should be respected, and like automobiles and condoms, should be used carefully and competently to prevent accidents. Plus I don't live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood and I like to be prepared for when the occasional **** hits the fan. Mak
Any of the sig, glock, springfield, beretta, smith and wesson pistols are excellent guns. Pic the one you like and learn to shoot it well. My personal preference for defense is a glock 26, 9mm. Its small light and convenient. Every glock I've used has been 100% reliable. I've shot a couple of versions of the new springfield XD. The ported 40cal version is by far the most fun of any auto pistol I've shot. Its snorts foot long fire streeks in V shape out the top on either side of the front sight. In lower light conditions it frames the target.

As for the shotgun. I'm not sure I'd go with a 410. I like the 12 gauge because its cheaper shoot, more powerful, I can swap the barrel for different uses, you can more easily add accessories. I sure the 410 has its good virtues too, its probly lighter and more controllable. Research and shop around. You can actually get regular shotguns with 18-20" barrels. In the past you could even get walmart to order them in for ya.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #58
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Talking

I think I'm gonna head over to the gun message boards and see if they have any MPG tips... [BTW, there's a Mossburg 500 12ga shotty in my closet. ]

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 AM   #59

I'm not sure about other locations, but our local Home Depot has a sweet deal on 14 gun safes from Sentry - I think I'm going to go pick up one. They aren't fire rated, but are only $369 (down from an MSRP of $725). If you're curious, the Sentry model number is G5241. I've been wanting a safe for a while now to keep my firearms safely tucked away.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 AM   #60

I managed to find one of these at a recycle place. It helps to keep things clean and safe, though it isn't as secure as a real safe. Still, the price was right and it functions basically the same. I'm not likely to find it overflowing anytime soon. Though if I tried to put all my ammo cans full of ammo in it it might not all fit.

My troops used to ask me if I was preparing for the uprising. "Yup", says I. "Which one?" they asked. "Whichever one comes first." says I.

I see that new they are about $138.

Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote