Any Golf Cart owners? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
uhhh define golf cart... i have a racing lawnmower.. doesnt have brakes tho cuz i recently upgraded to a 5speed tranny and different configuration i had to yank off the brakes. i have brake parts to do it with just havent done anything with it yet. ill get recent pics up tommorow.
Rippin!!! Show the racing mower! I've wanted to do that for many years! So what is a good set-up for a newbie to get started on? Nothing like doing burnouts and powerslides on a lawnmower and not getting yelled at afterwards.

bones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Here is the Cart that I'm in charge of modifying and maintaining:

Well, actually I now am responsible for the care and modding of 8 Carts now. It seems like many of the residents like what I did to my dad's cart and want the same done to theirs, lol.

Here is a comparison of the stock 6 gauge wire and the 4 gauge wire I install:

I took the last picture before I cleaned the tops of the batteries and coated the battery posts.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatr911 View Post
Rippin!!! Show the racing mower! I've wanted to do that for many years! So what is a good set-up for a newbie to get started on? Nothing like doing burnouts and powerslides on a lawnmower and not getting yelled at afterwards.
easy: old mower most brand prefered type is a dynamark. you can use anything that has a gearbox transmission. NO shift on the go stuff. (where you have 6-7 gears and a F N R lever. cannot use that type. cant do burnouts unless your on gravel or snow(snow is VERY fun with these) and prolyl not powerslides as you sit right over the rear axel and it doesnt have enough tourqe to spin the wheels, and the brakes are the rear wheels.

first off take off the mowing deck, just added weight and pain to work around.

but you need a 8+ HP bigger riding lawnmower and engine. to make a really easy one, swap pullies around. they probably "stock" have a 2 or 3:1 ratio between the pulley on the engine shaft and the gearbox shaft. meaning the engien must turn twice or thrice for the gearbox to spin once. it creates alot of tourqe but speed suffers(its why a tank can go almost vertical yet can only go about 40 mph)

so what you do is swap the pullies: make it a 1:2 ratio or so. so the engine turns once for the gearboxx to spin twice. so get liek a 6" pulley on the engien shaft and a 3" on the tranny. i like to have it around a 6" on engine to a 4" on tranny so it can accelerate somewhat. it dystroed my last tranny i think because on take off it was hard on the tranny and would sound like it was bogging down. so i lowered it some so i can accelerate while still being abel to go around 35-40 mph, which is plenty fast for not modding anything else. (its kinda scary)

idealy you would lower it alot so you have maybe 4" or so of ground clerance and lower the seat some if you can. lowerign your center of gravity will prevent it from rolling over so easy (been there doen that not fun ) and get front wheels with bearings in them! the standard mowerwheels just have a plastic bushing that wears out very quickly and can make the wheel fall off!

you can use the stock wheels as long as you grease them (most have a grease fitting) every time you ride it, but they wont last too long.

ok these are some old pics. it looks mostly like the last pic but i got different wheels. (yes i made it look like a first generation chevy s-10)

what i partially had it as before

and what it closely looks like now

i still have to add brakes, tailights, possibly brakelights, and turnsignals
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
Supporting Member

OMG thats insane!!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
Registered Member

its not THAT insane....

lol i did roll it once, but its becaus ei got it sideways and hit a foot high snowbank. it was funny because i was going like 1/2 mph and almost stopped but then tipped. LOL didnt hurt at all.

lol its a blast, if its in first and i essentially drop the clutch it will pop a wheelie a good 3 feet in the air....lol shoudla seen the people from the road while i was doing this in a fresh mowed field...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #16
Registered Member

Thats pretty cool.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote