Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Attitude adjustment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvp69lnZbA

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Registered Member

Yikes. I knew Clarkson was anti-hybrid, but never saw that clip!

Along similar lines (starring a Geo Metro instead of a Prius, but meeting a comparable fate):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zFWAR3Ovw

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Yikes. I knew Clarkson was anti-hybrid, but never saw that clip!

Along similar lines (starring a Geo Metro instead of a Prius, but meeting a comparable fate):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zFWAR3Ovw
Wow. The shame of it was that both cars looked like they were in great shape. If they didn't want them they could of donated them to some one that would appreciate them.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

When it dawned on me what was about to happen to the Prius, I have to admit the very first thought I had was: "I hope they don't wreck the battery pack... I could use that..."
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
When it dawned on me what was about to happen to the Prius, I have to admit the very first thought I had was: "I hope they don't wreck the battery pack... I could use that..."
Those .50 cal rounds would go through a cast iron block like it WAS tissue paper.

The thing that got the video off on the wrong foot with me was the ignorant statement "Americans think $2.20 is a lot of money for gas."

Well after giving big oil $Billions in subsidies, and hundreds of $Millions in public-land royalty give aways, I think we pay a bit more than $2.20 a gallon. Now lets talk about how many of our sons and daughters we send to an early grave, and how many $Billions we pay each and every day to fight foreign wars to protect the exploitations of big oil. It's all about the price of a single gallon, right? What an Ignoranus (yes I meant to spell it that way).
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
This guy is paid to promote an agenda. The folks at www.evuk.co.uk know this all too well.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Doesn't know how to drive either if he only gets 45mpg - I didn't think it went 106mph and the price he said was 2.20 pounds - I wasn't that impressed with it either but then when you have to move it a few feet when it is parked - it sure beats starting up an engine for 20 seconds on a cold day.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 AM   #8
kps
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
Those .50 cal rounds would go through a cast iron block like it WAS tissue paper.
Heck, .223 rounds will go through an engine block like-- Er, never mind. I know nothing.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
Registered Member

I love Top Gear and, really, it's one of the only programs I watch regularly thanks to Bittorrent (thanks MetroMPG).

I seem to agree with Clarkson 35% of the time -- the rest is just his ego running amok. The show generally provides people in the audience and his co-Hosts to respond to such acts, and sometimes he's proven wrong. It's all theatrics, as if you were to go to a Bond movie and see a Prius get smashed into.

A Diesel Golf will give you better FE, but what about particulates and NOx??? Those are health concerns, not necessarily "Environmental" concerns (NOTE: clean Diesel vehicles here correct those issues). The Prius kicks the Golf's arse in the CO2 category, and is much more reliable than the V-dub. Just remember that Brits aren't huge Toyota fans.

Now, for the backwoods dumb****s:
  1. Way too close without the proper shielding -- someone could've gotten injured badly -- and guess who probably has to pay for that if they don't have a job
  2. They could've found an old Chevette a lot cheaper, and
  3. Get a life!

RH77