Auto Show Season Begins - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Auto Show Season Begins

I've always been a car nut, and I'm excited that Auto Show season is coming around. Kansas City sees it in March, but I did catch one in Philly last year -- that was great and much more extensive. Anyone been/planning on going to one? I really want to push fuel economy on the marketing "browsers". Some brands have spies that collect people's comments about their particular cars. Heck even the salespeople could relay the word on the street. Unfortunately, people flock to the SRT-10 (Viper) Pickup Truck or anything with a HEMI.

RH77

Old 01-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
*shrug*

I'm going to the philly show

I'm going to the philly show again, of course, with some homies (computer nerds).

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
I've always..

I've always been a car nut too. I will be attending the Detroit Auto Show on Jan 21st

I usually take 30-60 pictures, and if anyone has any requests on what they personally want to see, I'd be happy to run by the exhibit and shoot what they want. Sometimes I scan literature I get too...
Also, I'd like this year to get the pix posted to web for all to see, but am not sure on how to go about doing that. They will be large and detailed (1meg to 2meg size)
~Will

RH77 - Thats a really really good idea you have on using the "marketing browsers" to push fuel efficiency. I think I will put that concept to use while I am there on the 21st.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #4

3rd Annual Georgia Tech Auto

3rd Annual Georgia Tech Auto Show should be sometime around the begining of April. I may enter in the student beater class this year.

http://www.me.gatech.edu/autoshow/
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Driving on E

Re: 3rd Annual Georgia Tech Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
I may enter in the student beater class this year.
Quote:
7) Student "Beaters"

Cars in this class must be registered to park on campus with a current Georgia Tech parking pass. Cars in this class will score higher with dents, rust, worn interiors, unpopular body styles, political opinions or music taste expressed in the form of worn bumper stickers or graphics. The intent of this class is not to encourage students to modify their cars for the show, but to reward the daily self-expression that is typically seen in campus parking lots. If you suspect that your car may be worth less than your parking pass, then this might be the special category for you.
How cool.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #6

Yeah, a lot more cars fall

Yeah, a lot more cars fall into that category when you find out that the parking pass costs $500. =P
Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
Registered Member

Re: I've always..

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rt0npr0
I've always been a car nut too. I will be attending the Detroit Auto Show on Jan 21st

<snip>

RH77 - Thats a really really good idea you have on using the "marketing browsers" to push fuel efficiency. I think I will put that concept to use while I am there on the 21st.
Thanks! I may try to squeeze a day in to go to the Detroit one. I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow fly through there on connection for work and stay an extra day to browse around, then head off to my next destination. (Northwest has a big hub there).

RH77
Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #8

I have officially entered my

I have officially entered my car into the student beater class for the GT Autoshow. It will be April 1, 2006.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
*shrug*

And I am going with a few

And I am going with a few friends from school to the Philly auto show! I'll bring back pictures and lots of MPG sheet pictures in specific.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #10

I'm so freakin' psyched

I'm so freakin' psyched about the GT Autoshow I can barely stand it!!! It's going to be awesome this year. We have SO many good sponsors and the word is spreading so the cars are going to be on point. Word is there are going to be TWO Ferrari Enzos there and at least one Porsche Carerra GT. Countless other Ferraris and Porsches, and even Mr. Chuck Beck from http://www.chuckbeckmotorsports.com/ will be there with some of his cars [word that there will be a Porsche 904 prototype kit there too!]. Again, I'm psyched!