Back Pain Remedy - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Back Pain Remedy

anyone have one of these?...http://www.getback2life.com/

i suffered w/ chronic back pain many years ago before seeing a chiropractor. i still have periodic pain as the healing proccess is a long one. i had 20+ years of slips, trips, falls, accidents etc, so full recovery will take a while.

that and since i have not stayed the course in regard to chiro care, it is taking longer. anyway, i believe spinal decompression to be the next breakthru in not only spinal pain, but total health. problem is, my dr. does not yet have this tech.

so, this looks similar to spinal decompression. any thoughts?

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Never tried that one, but it does look like similar movements to the stretching exercises I've been doing. And it looks like you could do that while watching television or something. I have to admit, it looks appealing. But of course I'm more skeptical than I am tempted (which is why I haven't bought one). I've been stung too many times by products that look good...

-BC

Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #3

i saw in infomercial for those the other night (oddly enough, while i was up with back pain). It sounds like one of those things that are too good to be true. Oh, and if you just wait till about 1 or 2 in the morning, it is only 3 payments instead of 5.
Ratman667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member

I am disabled because of a fall about 9 1/2 years ago that left me with chronic back pain and am on morphine to help relieve part of the pain. I also have wondered about spinal decompression and never think to mention it to my Dr. when I'm there. I go to a pain clinic where they have tried, physical therapy, nerve root blocks and steroid injections and none of those have done any good, but several months ago I did start using a product called Knox Nutra Joint. That is the only thing I have used that has helped the pain other than the morphin, muscle relaxers, and a TENS unit. It's available at Walmart for about $20. for a months supply. I'm not telling you to go out and buy it, just telling you what has worked for me and I have talked to some other people who said it worked for them.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

thanks Ford Man.

my main concern is not the pain. when it arises, i go see my chiro doc(in addition to routine maintanence). the thought here is that pain is a symptom of something more serious, but pain relief is welcomed of course.

i understand spinal decompression to work where chiro care cannot, such as a ruptured disc. apparently it gently and slowly pulls the spine from both ends creating a vacuum of sorts, "sucking" the disc back into place. this speeds up the regeneration of ALL discs as well.

that's what i have in my neck and low back(disc degeneration). obviously i am healing, but my physical job slows this process.

the scary thing is "feel" nerves make up less than 10% of all nerves. that means there are nerves being affected to functions creating "pain free" issues that will crop up later, like disease.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Registered Member

I stopped Chiropractic a dozen years ago after realizing that I was more comfortable with by neck bowing the reverse of everyone than using the special pillow and adjustments to try to make it go where it had never been.
My treatment is now the Tom Rathman regimin.
If something gets out of place and a migrane starts, about 1,200 units of Ibuprophen and an ice pack usually knocks it down.

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=10749
is where I talk about my back pain. There is almost nothing left of that problem, save not being able to stand for long periods and the occasional feeling of ants crawling up my leg, which is amusing when I think of it.

The exercise? I assume a 'cross' position in bed and gently bring my right leg to my left hand, while looking right, and the reverse. It is a Yoga exercise that really stretches everything out, especially after a dozen or more repetitions.

Everything we need to stretch, exercise and strengthen is contained in our own body. Just have a good physical therapist teach the right moves.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
Registered Member

Last time mine "went out big" I got xrays done to check it out, no structural problems... Doc recommended a heating pad, 3x a day for 20 mins and anti-inflammatories, cleared up in 2 weeks. Found an exercise that works for me that's probably similar to that machine. I lay flat, bring a knee up to my chest then straighten the leg as I bring it down slowly, alternating sides.

Another thing... I was "tweaking" a bit, a month ago, back felt generally uncomfortable and if it might pop out if I wasn't very careful, seemed to be "stiff" and couldn't straighten up fully... then I picked up an "Ab-flex" at a yard sale... thought I could use some ab exercises and resistance exercises are supposed to be very good in a number of ways because they strain the muscles different than weights or aerobics... anyway... got it home... tried it... 3rd or 4th rep something went "click" in the small of my back/top of pelvis area and everything loosened up! "Uncomfortable" back went away instantly and I could straighten up fully no problems.

Your lower back is only really one part of an outer support column that includes your stomach muscles, I was very aware of that after having bad back days, my stomach muscles would be spasming a couple of days after from trying to compensate. So I figure I need to build up strength in the stomach to help out my back... that's why I picked up the abflex... if you haven't got one and need relief I guess it's possible that pulling underhanded on a wide piece of wood against your waist could pull things straight, but probably won't have the same exercise effect.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Registered Member

The raising the knee exercise is Yoga.
Ain't it great when something pops back in place and you are off and running again?
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Registered Member

And I though I had problems

Wow, reading all these tales of back hell makes mine seem small, but here is a list of all the back and neck things Iv had and done to cure them.

First off, in the Air Force going from sneakers to hard soled boots gave me tremendous back pain, the cure for that was insoles and my own brand of boots.

Then driving a cross country truck for a year and a half, plus many other delivery jobs, I used to hump the wheel, leaning over the wheel and craining my neck to lock to look straight ahead. I thought I was having a stroke, my whole left arm went numb, then felt like it was on fire, went to a chiropracter and put my head in a cradle and lifted my head and the pain went away, but the numbness took months to go away. I knew it was numb when I was cooking one day and smelled something burning, it was my thumb nail resting on the pan, I didn't feel it and put my thumb in a glass of water. LOL!

Psyatica, my whole left leg will go numb if I sleep flat on my back, tried foam, tried the Air Adjustable bed, nothing worked, but buying a super soft matress and I can sleep on my back again. Also those air adjustable beds are like an air filled water bed, hugely expensive, paid $2500 for mine, they sink in the middle, you have to roll out of bed, and their cold in winter, luckily my 90 day warantee covered it and I returned it.

Exercises, I do the star, leg over torso. I do the pyramide, lay flat on your back and touch your feet and push with your arms on your knees, that helps me decompress my lower back. For my neck I hang my head over the back of the sofa and lower my torso to decompress my neck.

Has anyone tried Inversion, you see them at the back store, or advertized on TV by Teeter. Teeter wants 3 to 400, but at the back store, or some sports stores you can get them for $199. Back decompression works for me, I want to get one of those inversion tables. They all advise to take it 10 degrees at a time, untill your totally upside down.

Both my parents took 9 and 13 pills a day as they got older, Im so far pill free at 45, the last thing I want to do is start taking pain relievers. I always try to avoid surgery and try to look for the most natural or low impact way of fixing things. Wow I really feel for you guys, its going to rain tomarrow, there goes my left knee again.
GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
Registered Member

http://www.drbookspan.com/clinical.html have had great results following what is on the website I recommend following this before anything else.

http://www.egoscue.com/ this is based on self chiropractic movements, which have also worked for me.

Enjoy and God Bless.

CA ExhaustCoatings is offline   Reply With Quote