Beer & Taxes - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Man, I must be really bored. I keep posting in these political threads. Anyway...

Question for people on both sides: If you don't tax away an extra 30% from the folks who make a lot of money, what are they going to do with that money instead? Where is that money going to go?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
what are they going to do with that money instead? Where is that money going to go?
It is typically invested in productive things. Like companies that create jobs or their own companies. What do you think would happen to the stock market if people suddenly had 30% less to invest?

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

I wouldn't bring up that whiney beotch called the stock market. Talk about a sense of entitlement. It drives policy, worse than a union.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
I wouldn't bring up that whiney beotch called the stock market. Talk about a sense of entitlement. It drives policy, worse than a union.
True, it does. And I was in no way in favor of that bailout, if people make mistakes they should fail, even if it brought the whole economy to a stand still. Propping the economy up on worthless paper is only going to prolong the inevitable anyway. At least in my opinion.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #15
Registered Member

To be truly accurate, (considering that the lowest income brackets get tax credits even thought they don't pay any taxes) at the beginning wouldn't the first two get $1 back, and the last 2 have to pay $1 more to cover it?

I'm just sayin'...

JustaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Registered Member

All this is too much for me...I need a beer!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Promote the general welfare y'all

I can see tax incentives for American employers, that promote employment in America, but I'm not gonna cry about a 30% tax on $2,500,000 earners.
The trouble is also, some 'companies' are just DBAs, granted very rare and very small ones, but it's conceivable to hurt business by taxing private individuals who make a lot.

Also what's a better alternative? The only comparison I have is Germany and everyone gets taxed 55-65%. Of course I think a lot don't have to work and everyone gets 'free' health care. Take a look over there to see what would happen here if democrats had their way....

itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote