Bunger is the new #1 - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Anyway, if you are listening Bunger, details, we need details! Nice work!
Agreed...

unfortunately, getting ahold of Bunger is next to impossible.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Nah, compaq says you don't need instrumentation in order to get good MPG.
No I don't need instrumentation to tell me that I'm going poop slow and other drivers are honking at me.

Somebody send bunger a PM!!!!!

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

OK, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
No I don't need instrumentation to tell me that I'm going poop slow and other drivers are honking at me.

Somebody send bunger a PM!!!!!
C-888: it's been a while, but WTF? Because you don't want to try to get better gas mileage, or you feel you're stuck in a vehicle-dense locale doesn't mean should come in here and tear schtuff up.

Examine your last 15 posts and see if they (1) Are polite or have tact if something is perceived as incorrect (2) Contain a generous dose of hubris and serious over-conifidence, and (3) Offer advice to improve FE.

You have a great car, I've had one like it -- don't you see the FE potential, or are you exposed to horsepower, nitrous, and midnight street racing that is clouding the issue?

We're not the ones honking at you when you're going slow. Please show some respect.

RH77
Old 10-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
C-888: it's been a while, but WTF? Because you don't want to try to get better gas mileage, or you feel you're stuck in a vehicle-dense locale doesn't mean should come in here and tear schtuff up.

Examine your last 15 posts and see if they (1) Are polite or have tact if something is perceived as incorrect (2) Contain a generous dose of hubris and serious over-conifidence, and (3) Offer advice to improve FE.

You have a great car, I've had one like it -- don't you see the FE potential, or are you exposed to horsepower, nitrous, and midnight street racing that is clouding the issue?

We're not the ones honking at you when you're going slow. Please show some respect.

RH77
Sorry the stress and and me being sick is sucking my attitude down.

I see the potential but I have a hard time adapting to the stick and drivers over here aren't helping me. I'll try to get some better numbers to show that I care about you guys.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
Registered Member

Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Sorry the stress and and me being sick is sucking my attitude down.

I see the potential but I have a hard time adapting to the stick and drivers over here aren't helping me. I'll try to get some better numbers to show that I care about you guys.
We know you're here because you care -- we don't need numbers to show it. Get to feeling better too -- that doesn't help with patience and driving.

If you're not familiar with the stick-shift, I agree that it's awkward, but you'll get used to it.

You live in an area with one of the most crowded roadways. I've worked in LA a LOT and can sympathize with the traffic situation. Getting stuck on the 101 for a couple of hours isn't one my favorite driving memories. Being a frustrated driver is understandable in that area.

I had to change my driving style drastically to get into the "zone". It won't happen overnight. The next time you get in your car, just try one FE driving technique and build from there. Doing them all at once is overwhelming and will certainly lead to frustration.

But man, just do your best and take it a step at a time. As for other traffic, just find a slow vehicle and get behind it -- now it's their fault for driving slower and you're off the hook.

Take it easy...

RH77
Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
We know you're here because you care -- we don't need numbers to show it. Get to feeling better too -- that doesn't help with patience and driving.

If you're not familiar with the stick-shift, I agree that it's awkward, but you'll get used to it.

You live in an area with one of the most crowded roadways. I've worked in LA a LOT and can sympathize with the traffic situation. Getting stuck on the 101 for a couple of hours isn't one my favorite driving memories. Being a frustrated driver is understandable in that area.

I had to change my driving style drastically to get into the "zone". It won't happen overnight. The next time you get in your car, just try one FE driving technique and build from there. Doing them all at once is overwhelming and will certainly lead to frustration.

But man, just do your best and take it a step at a time. As for other traffic, just find a slow vehicle and get behind it -- now it's their fault for driving slower and you're off the hook.

Take it easy...

RH77
Living in an area where all people are bunched up is overwhelming. It's not just the driving.

The only things I'm doing for FE is just trying to get into 5th ASAP and slow accelaration. Turning off the engine in neutral doesn't work half the time and it only gave me a 1mpg advantage, which isn't worth it.

I'd really like to know what instrumentation bunger is using.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:09 AM   #17
Registered Member

I understand...

When I am doing hardcore city driving I just about give up with FE. There is only so much you can do when you are in gridlock or hitting a light ever 2 blocks.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #18
Registered Member

I agree, rough business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I understand...

When I am doing hardcore city driving I just about give up with FE. There is only so much you can do when you are in gridlock or hitting a light ever 2 blocks.
I agree -- when you keep hitting those lights it's a real downer. But at the same time, I just CODFISH in the 'Teg when I see the yellow and fire it back up when the other roadway has the yellow or slow down enough to let it turn green again. Now gridlock on the highway just sucks -- the fuel Honestly, there are some crazy hypermiling techniques in that situation, but I haven't tried them, and don't really know their effectiveness.

C-888: regarding acceleration -- someone mentioned recently to ease into 1st gear and gently give it enough to get in the 2000-3000 RPM area before you shift. Then in 2nd+ gears, give it 2/3 throttle and shift around 3000. This gets you up to speed with traffic and it's actually efficient if you get into 5th quickly and modulate the throttle. I know you probably don't have a tach, but if you have the owner's manual, it goes over different shift points using the speedometer. With my automatic, it's been tough to keep it in the sweet-spot without it downshifting (argh). I wish I had a stick...

RH77
Old 10-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree -- when you keep hitting those lights it's a real downer. But at the same time, I just CODFISH in the 'Teg when I see the yellow and fire it back up when the other roadway has the yellow or slow down enough to let it turn green again. Now gridlock on the highway just sucks -- the fuel Honestly, there are some crazy hypermiling techniques in that situation, but I haven't tried them, and don't really know their effectiveness.

C-888: regarding acceleration -- someone mentioned recently to ease into 1st gear and gently give it enough to get in the 2000-3000 RPM area before you shift. Then in 2nd+ gears, give it 2/3 throttle and shift around 3000. This gets you up to speed with traffic and it's actually efficient if you get into 5th quickly and modulate the throttle. I know you probably don't have a tach, but if you have the owner's manual, it goes over different shift points using the speedometer. With my automatic, it's been tough to keep it in the sweet-spot without it downshifting (argh). I wish I had a stick...

RH77
3000rpm???

My car doesn't even see half of that. I shift 1200-1300rpm in every gear. The only time I go over 1300rpm is if I'm in 5th gear.

Even when I didn't care about fuel economy I shifted at 1900rpm. 3000rpm is practically racing on the streets.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
Registered Member

living in the city enviroment I just said to myself, "**** yall, I dare you, NO I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHER****ER. RAM ME RIGHT NOW BECAUSE DADDY NEEDS A NEW CAR!" (then i turn my music up to zone out those around me) and if they pass I make sure nothing is in front of me for a long time and give them the nastiest look ever. You think you can look at me nasty I'll give you something to speed up about... *****!

works everytime sometimes i swerve left and right to pretend like I"m drunk and then they'll give me all the car space I want

cops pull me over? i wasn't drinking sir, give me a test!

seriously you want agressiveness? this is the next generation of aggressiveness.... except I'm just saving fuel in the process