Can't find a VX, D15Z1 swap into CRX shell? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #31
Registered Member

I JUST BOUGHT A 95 INTEGRA LS AND I WANT TO DO A D15Z1 SWAP. I FOUND THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION AT A GOOD PRICE, BUT WHAT ELSE DO I NEED? ENGINE MOUNTS, ECU, WIRING HARNESS, AXELS, O2 SENSOR, ETC? i HAVE NEVER SWAPPED AN ENGINE. I AM AN AMATEUR AT THIS SO THE MORE FEEDBACK THE BETTER. THANKS

95integravx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #32
Registered Member

regarding this conversion in cali.

Be careful if you bring it to the state referee. Make sure you have the actual vx egr controller and not a custom one. They check everything. You wont pass inspection with the wrong one.

fistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistopher View Post
Make sure you have the actual vx egr controller and not a custom one. They check everything. You wont pass inspection with the wrong one.
That depends on what state you're in... Most couldn't care less from what I've seen.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #34
Registered Member

any update on this swap? what did u end up doing? i'm looking for a CRX 2nd gen shell (HF preferred) to swap in a vtec-E.
Nden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
No. Honda changed the engine mounts all around in '92... The newer mounts won't bolt up to a CRX. You'll need to bolt the stock CRX engine mount bracket and rubber damper to the VX motor. The bolt pattern on the block should be the same, so you just need to move the old mount over to the new motor and tweak the timing belt cover to clear the bracket.
Another option here is to use the Hasport driver side mount for 1992-1995 motors in a 1988-1991 chassis. This mount makes use of the stock, 1992 driver side mount bracket. So the mount sits in the chassis straight. And you do not have to hack the timing belt cover to make everything fit. Also, there is no open hole in the timing belt cover below the bracket. BUT, the Hasport mount costs $129. I was willing to pay this since I like to go to faraway places like the mountains and coast, and I place a premium on reliability. I would rather not take the chance that an errant pebble might find its way through the hole in the timing belt cover, get jammed between the belt and a sprocket, and break the timing belt. It also makes for a cleaner, more attractive swap.

One more thing about this mount. It will only work with the two-bolt bracket. 1994-1994 VXs (and EXs and SIs) use a three-bolt bracket, which won't work. If you have a 1994-1995 D15Z1 (or D16Z6), then you will need to use the older two bolt bracket.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
Another option here is to use the Hasport driver side mount for 1992-1995 motors in a 1988-1991 chassis.
I've noticed that the stock mount gets a little twisted... I didn't realize hasport made a mount to deal with the issue. They don't seem to list mounts for D-motors on their site, only B, F, H, J and K swaps. What's the part number?
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
I've noticed that the stock mount gets a little twisted... I didn't realize hasport made a mount to deal with the issue. They don't seem to list mounts for D-motors on their site, only B, F, H, J and K swaps. What's the part number?
I actually have more of a problem with the timing cover issues than a mount that is a little twisted. Anyway, the name of the part is EFDLH. If you go to their site, go to the 'Buy Direct' link. On the left side, you will see a box titled 'Products'. Click on '88-91 Civic/CRX (EF)', and it will bring up the different engine series that they make mounts for. Select D-series, and you will see the hydraulic mount kit, left hand mount, and D-series mount kit. If you simply plan to use a D15Z1 with a 1988-1991 HF transmission, then all you really need is the left hand mount. But keep in mind that the left hand mount is available for either 1988-1991 engines OR 1992+ engines. And obviously, you need one for a 1992+ engine.

StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote