Car Battery Restoration using a Desulfator - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #11
Registered Member

Green Car Congress: Innas and NOAX to Show Hydraulic Series Hybrid Drivetrain at Hannover Messe

The applications for this invention go way beyond transportation.

Charles Gray the head of the EPA team made this statement 10 years ago.

The hydraulic hybrid will be as significant to the transportation field as the assembly line was to the automobile.

The stored energy reserve (gasoline, diesel, electricity, moose farts, etc) has no limitations as far as 'powertrain efficiency" is concerned. Every single thing you do to your car as a hypermiler will be automated completely.

Two pedals on the floor, right pedal=accelerate, left pedal decelerate and reverse.

25% fewer manufactured components PER VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
Have you seen the French experimental car that runs ONLY on compressed air?
Absolutely. I see something like that car getting you to the giffard tube that carries you to the E3T tube that takes you across the US in 45 minutes on virtually no energy whatsoever.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Peugeot are working on compressed air hybrid tech currently.

https://www.groupe-psa.com/en/newsro...on/hybrid-air/

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #14
Registered Member

You are controlling the power delivery at each wheel individually with only a high and low pressure hydraulic connection. The power delivery is adjustable at a molecular level with a ratio spread unattainable with any other system.

All the primary, fuel consuming, power module does is replenish the accumulator when its pressure reserve goes below a predetermined level, say 4k psi down to 1.5k psi. That same level is increased by any regeneration events.

Compressed air "could" be augumented by the injection of a very small amount of combustible material, with the "dieseling" of that same air mass accentuating the pressure levels substantially. Kind of like supercharging the pressure level to replenish accumulator pressures.

Any serious dedicated "compressed air" drive probably needs to be a closed system with an inert gas for a working fluid.

I'm not researching a single piece of this information. Every bit is form memory. I've studied this over the last decade long enough to get more than one doctors degree. The problem is like some here believe, it's easier to discount this as not substantial. In order to address that position and to negate the thought that my obsession is agenda driven, which it is< I had Virginia Tech do a research analysis of the design and they basically confirmed my positions.

We talk about batteries and electricity as the solution. I don't argue that there is a place for batteries and electricity, but.................................... as of today the only way to store massive quantities of electrical energy is in reservoirs with dams, which is still the number one power source worldwide. That gentleman and ladies is SOLAR (evaporation) and wind Movement horizontally of that humidity, the best means of providing significant 24-7 reliable power worldwide.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM   #15
Registered Member

Gary, when you write ...that gentlemen..." are you specifically excluding DraigFlag/Paul and me from the conversation?

Hang on, Paul. I'm trying to defend your honor.
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #16
Registered Member

LOL, if I excluded you two there would be no thread
Old 01-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #17
Registered Member

Water Engines: Page 3

Arthur Rigg's "water engine" scared me to death when I found this in the summer of 2010. You are required by law to send to the patent office anything you discover that might precede your patent request.

On the topic of compressed air engines, there was an Australian who supposedly flew an airplane years before the Wrights in 1903, who needed a catapult to get their airplane off the ground.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #18
Registered Member

I might be wrong, but too lazy to confirm. Perhaps I'll make someone mad enough to do the research to correct me.

It's a popular misconception that the Wright Brothers were the first to "fly". The Wrights were really the first in "controlled flight".

They did it with a technique called "wing warping". Those of you into competitive sailing will appreciate what "wing warping" means.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
LOL, if I excluded you two there would be no thread
hahaha Yep. Guilty as charged. Paul and I are chatterboxes.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
I might be wrong, but too lazy to confirm. Perhaps I'll make someone mad enough to do the research to correct me.

It's a popular misconception that the Wright Brothers were the first to "fly". The Wrights were really the first in "controlled flight".

They did it with a technique called "wing warping". Those of you into competitive sailing will appreciate what "wing warping" means.
While wing warping was an essential component, the canard elevator was even more significant due too it's ability to respond very quickly to attitude oscillations even at the very low speeds of the first flights.