Car wrecked. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #11

just a minor fender bender from the pictures! Hardly "wrecked".

I think that the scuff on the door will come out since it doesn't appear to be into the paint at all, but it's so hard to tell with pictures.

Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have to paint the door too! hehe

Terrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #12
Registered Member

I will post some details soon.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:10 AM   #13
Registered Member

I was waiting in line on the track and a dragster back up into me. He sprung an oil leak and they wouldn't let him run. So they told him to go in reverse while I was standing parallel to him. They saw me standing close, because they told me to drive right up there. He couldn't see anything or hear because his car was a dragster. So they basically told him to back up right into me. After he hit me I got out the car and the announcer and the white trash started shouting that I hit my mom's car and that I have to tell my mom now. I yelled back that it was in fact my car and I bought it. The announcer shut up but then the white trash started shouting it was my sister's car.

After that the track officials told us nicely to get the **** out. They said we don't cover any accidents and they didn't want to hear anything. The track officials caused this thing, it was a cop who directed where I should be and directed the dragster to back up into me. He said he wasn't at fault. The cops were even there but nobody came up to us.

The track is Irwindale Speedway, the same place that hosts the D1 drifting events and is sometimes in monster garage episodes.

I have been at the Fontana track numerous times and I have never seen this kind of behavior. Even when somebody crashed they didn't make fun of anybody. This is the track fault this crash happened and they should pay for it. They shouldn't get away with crashing people's cars.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomauto
I would be furious to say the least. How bad was the hood damaged?
not that bad but it will have a huge crease after it gets fixed.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
white trash started shouting that I hit my mom's car and that I have to tell my mom now. I yelled back that it was in fact my car and I bought it. The announcer shut up but then the white trash started shouting it was my sister's car.
Holy vicious crowd, Batman. Good thing I didn't show up with my Firefly - I guess I never would have lived it down.

Thanks for the accident report though.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 AM   #16
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
this is rediculous

bro i would make sure a lot of people hear about this because it is totally uncalled for. i would make bad press for the track and everything too.

ownership of the car is COMPLETELY irrelevant! it is still damaged! go to the press or something to go real public with this. i cant believe they are such jerks!!!! i still dont understand how they would start saying it wasnt your car?!?!

did the driver say anything? who do you mean by white trash? and by announcer you mean the guy on the loud speaker over the loud speaker or in person?

yo im pissed about this now and i know if something like this ever happened to me or any of my friends, we would all boycott the track until something was done for reconciliation.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:27 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
this is rediculous

bro i would make sure a lot of people hear about this because it is totally uncalled for. i would make bad press for the track and everything too.

ownership of the car is COMPLETELY irrelevant! it is still damaged! go to the press or something to go real public with this. i cant believe they are such jerks!!!! i still dont understand how they would start saying it wasnt your car?!?!

did the driver say anything? who do you mean by white trash? and by announcer you mean the guy on the loud speaker over the loud speaker or in person?

yo im pissed about this now and i know if something like this ever happened to me or any of my friends, we would all boycott the track until something was done for reconciliation.
You know the announcer sits in a small building with a huge glass window so he can see what kind of car that is. He also talks on the loud speaker and if you tune to channel 104.7 you can hear him. White trash as in a bunch of white old guys yelling stuff to me that it belongs to my mom.

I can't just call the news, they would find this situation boring. It wouldn't be interesting unless I lost an extremety or a gun fight or some huge fight broke out. If you want to spread it go ahead. Make sure you give the track's number so the people could call in and complain about it.

Main: (626) 358-1100

Old 05-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #18
Registered Member

I just talked to the guy that crashed into me, he agreed to do the labor and paint it. He told me that at the track. He told me I also have to buy paint. He told me he will go with me and we will pick up paint. Great, now it's paint too. I just hope he paints the door too.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #19
Registered Member

I feel very screwed by the situation. The track got away with everything. The guy that hit me only got a few scratches, and I'm left with a ****ed up car. I feel the need to shoot some people.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #20
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I just talked to the guy that crashed into me, he agreed to do the labor and paint it. He told me that at the track. He told me I also have to buy paint. He told me he will go with me and we will pick up paint. Great, now it's paint too. I just hope he paints the door too.
that is stand up character right there!!! what an amazing guy! bro make sure you thank him time and time again

never go to that track again.