Car wrecked. - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
i say pick up a cheap crx.
And what am I suppose to do with this car?? If I don't fix this stuff it will start rusting. I installed a grounding kit and a couple of months later saw rust forming in the engine bay. If I get rust on my fender and door then it will cost me more later.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #32
Registered Member

also should I wash the car before I drop it off?? I haven't washed the car since last year. I'm suppose to drop off the car Monday.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #33
Registered Member

Forgive my ignorance, but why does one go to a track? It sounds awfully expensive.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Forgive my ignorance, but why does one go to a track? It sounds awfully expensive.
One goes to the track because they can race legally and test out how the car is doing. Also it shows how good the driver is.

Once you go to the track you sign a waiver, if anything happens to you or your car nobody is responsible. The problem I have with this is I'm cool with that Idea of the waiver but if people are crashing cars on purpose then they are abusing the waiver.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #35
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
it costs $10 and its fun to excercise your neck muscles

i guess its expensive if you go to a crappy track with a bunch of dirt bags.

anyway, c-paq, you buy the crx for uber cheap and forget aboutthe altima entirely. it may seem like too much of a gamble now, but later on down the road youll be happy you made the switch. maybe you should get an old school corolla or something.

what was your best run in the to date altima btw?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
One goes to the track because they can race legally and test out how the car is doing. Also it shows how good the driver is.
Hmmmm. So let me get this straight..... You use gas to get there. You pay money to get in. You sign a waiver that invalidates your insurance coverage. You proceed to do things that could possibly damage your car. Your car can be damaged by another car, which has no insurance either. You use more gas. All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

Hard as I try, I just can't rationalize the idea of going to the track.

I suck.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmmmm. So let me get this straight..... You use gas to get there. You pay money to get in. You sign a waiver that invalidates your insurance coverage. You proceed to do things that could possibly damage your car. Your car can be damaged by another car, which has no insurance either. You use more gas. All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

I suck.
Sometimes it's worth the risk, but this is definetly done on purpose that is why I'm really mad.

Jared the fast time to date is 15.7 spraying a 75 shot. The header was stock. The only things were on the car was intake, 75 shot, and MSD to retard timing on the shot.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
|V3|2D

Quote:
All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

I suck.
c-pac forgot to mention that its fun. some like it and some dont. it is more fun when your car is faster.

15.7 is pretty good for a low reving auto 4banger. a 75 shot is really ballsey, i b scrrrd to spray my car
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
c-pac forgot to mention that its fun. some like it and some dont. it is more fun when your car is faster.

15.7 is pretty good for a low reving auto 4banger. a 75 shot is really ballsey, i b scrrrd to spray my car
that's why I had the MSD box with retard. As soon as my nitrous sprayed it retard the timing. I could of gone with a 50 shot but it only gave me 16.2 at the track. I barely hooked with a 75 shot. The one was a lucky run. The tires didn't want to hook up till 3rd gear. The 15.7 run I sprayed from about 2.5k, If I had slicks I would of sprayed from the launch and would of definetly made a high 14's run. The slicks lower time and so does spraying the nitrous even earlier.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #40
|V3|2D

see now if you had a clutch you wouldnt have trouble at all. where do you launch? usually nitrous boosts the super low rpms torque through the roof and doesnt aid much in the higher rpms, but that varies from car to car. i know thats the general rule of thumb with our 4bangers. you could try spraying later in 1st gear if you were having that much trouble off the line. whats the 60'? and whats the best n/a run?