civic vx asking price $8500!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

civic vx asking price $8500!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/691240404.html

i wish i can slap this guy or girl. no one in their right mind will buy a vx for that price. might as well spend a few hundered less and get a honda insight.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #2

Apparently it will save 100% of this year's gas prices.

Seriously, if it were less than 50,000 miles it might be worth it if all stock. Apparently has alternator cutoff switch, no A/C.

CRXs seem to be up about $1000 from where they were in February. Next year that $8500 might be a steal on a stock VX, although it is likely a CA not Federal. Depends on the price of gas. Gasoline has gone up about 1/3 in price in less than a year. If that continues, gasoline will be right about $7 per gallon in a year and a half, that is the end of 2009 or beginning of 2010.

That means that it will have more than doubled - about 7x what it was in 2000.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChoi View Post
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/691240404.html

i wish i can slap this guy or girl. no one in their right mind will buy a vx for that price. might as well spend a few hundered less and get a honda insight.
A Honda Civic VX (or anything else, for that matter) is worth what someone will pay for it. You might not pay that much for it. I certainly would not. But someone else may (or may talk them down some).

I once bought a visor mirror, clip on type, with a mid-'50s Chevrolet logo at a junkyard for 50 cents. The mirror was clipped to the rearview of a wrecked Ford Fairmont. It was in pretty much perfect condition. I put it on eBay, thinking I'd get $10 or maybe $20. I got over $100. At least two people thought it was worth that much...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I don't get why people get upset at the asking price of vehicles that others are selling, if you don't like how much that person wants for the car then don't buy it from them, it's that simple.
If I was trying to sell my vx on craigslist I would start it out really high as well and every few weeks re-write the ad with a slightly lower price until I found a buyer.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote