Clean up your computer. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Clean up your computer.

First let me say I am not a computer expert nor a salesman. I have been using a program to clean up my computer that really works.

It's called ErrorKiller. Cleans invalid registry entries from your computer. Invalid registry entries are the major cause of computer errors, slowdowns, and lockups. They are left behind by installed and uninstalled programs.

Understanding and modifying the registry is beyond the capabilities of the average computer user. This program can do it for you.

The registry is used by almost anything you do on your computer. When it gets cluttered with unused and conflicting entries, your troubles begin.

I thought I had been keeping my computer pretty well cleaned up but when I ran this program it found hundreds of errors. I told my neighbor what I had found, when he ran it he had thousands of errors. He could not believe the difference it made in his computer. Virus software does nothing to remove these errors.

You can get a free scan at www.errorkiller.com/. It requires a small download. It will show you all your errors and will remove part of them for free. You need to buy the $19.99(for life) program to remove the rest.

Computer-wise this is the best thing I have ever done. After my computer was cleaned the first time, ensuing scans and cleaning take about 1 minute.

Hope this is something you can use but make up your own mind. CO ZX2

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Registry? What registry?

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
lol, I was going to post something about not having a registry either. I use an iBook G4 and an eMac 800 at work. I do have a windows machine at home, but since I get free use of the iBook, I never use the PC at home. Good link though and I'm sure there are some people that can use this on here.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
*shrug*

MacBizzook!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

Perfect already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
Registry? What registry?
If you're just perfect, forget it.

Maybe the 90% of the rest of the world that use Windows can take a look.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #6

crapcleaner is the program I think is the best to clean up windows and get some of your speed back. It cleans up temp files and junk as well as cleans the registry.

It has lots of options and it is free
CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2 View Post
If you're just perfect, forget it.

Maybe the 90% of the rest of the world that use Windows can take a look.
My buddy plays WOW on XP Pro so I go in there and clean what I can with spybotS&D, AdAware, HijackThis, and the occasional specialty program with good results. I mean, God knows what kinda vulnerabilities there are, and it will always get reinfected, but the longer between reinstalls, the better.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

Looks like Virginia's watercolor case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post

MacBizzook!
It really does look like Virginia's watercolor case. Maybe they use the same parts. Now I'd appreciate it if you would get the POS off my thread on the GS Home Page.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Be afraid ..... very afraid.

I remember reading a book a few years back on DOS memory management. The first paragraph started something like this: "The DOS system of memory management is the most tortuous, ill-conceived crock of total kludgery known to man." Where are we now?

I can't speak for against the programs mentioned here but I will say that it's a scarey world on the Windoze environment. I'm not an avid mac or xnix user so don't I'm not looking for any religious wars over the 'best' platform.

That said, there is just as much need for such cleaner programs as there is reason to fear them. Free (or cheap) software often comes with added turds that hang around on disk, in the registry and running in the background. I usually search for evidence of widespread usage w/o bad reviews or incidents before I adopt them.

Even big companies can't always be trusted. Look at the debacle Sony caused with the spyware they secretly embedded in their mp3 player app. There was never a complete remediation of victims PCs.

I rarely use Internet Explorer since I caught MS a few years ago with their fingers in my cookie jar (unintended pun ). I caught IE perodically rifling through all my bookmarks and sending them to an IP address registered to MS. Why?

The Army puts peoples' SSNs into links (URL query strings) on their portal. Everyone who uses those links send their SSN in-the-clear to the world.

Companies have been brought to their knees by a recent virus/denial-of-service attack against the Windoze platform because the Symantec corporate anti-virus software left the f'ing door open. I'm involved in a HUGE cleanup operation related to this right now.

I understand Vista is the same way. See the difference. YMMV.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I have my harddrive partitioned, one section for Linux, the other for Windows. Linux is used when 100% privacy is needed, Windows for basic internet browsing, engineering programs such as PSPice and Multisim, computer games, and the like. Best of both worlds.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote