CNN: Beer drinkers beware: 4 percent of U.S. hops crop burns - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I cannot stand the taste of American pisswater. Give me rum anyday. Shine's even better; I love guzzling down that stuff and breathing fire out of my mouth thanks to a match!

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #12
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I cannot stand the taste of American pisswater. Give me rum anyday. Shine's even better; I love guzzling down that stuff and breathing fire out of my mouth thanks to a match!
"Federal investigators were set Tuesday to begin an investigation into a fire that ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops, used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale."

So the way I see it, there isn't any flavor in American beer anyway so what's the problem?

Old 10-05-2006, 04:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I agree with your stance on most american beers. There are some breweries, however, that produce great product though - Sweetwater (only in the southeast), Rogue, and Samuel Adams, just to name a few. Mostly it's the micro breweries that excel.

Moonshine is rough stuff - honestly, you can't really enjoy the taste of it, can you? I built a distillery a few years back and had a few test runs on it, but never got around to actually whipping up a batch of mash to distill. The best shine I ever had was peach flavored - got it from a guy in Copper Hill, TN. It went down relatively smooth...I guess as smooth as ethanol can. Be careful blowing flame balls - a few years back at a local college here, u[sic]ga, a frat nearly burned to the ground due to flaming spit tricks.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #14
Registered Member

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
I agree with your stance on most american beers.
I like European lagers like Heineken (the light's pretty good), Warsteiner Lager, etc. If I have to drink North American brew, it's generally Labatt Blue, and if the place doesn't have it, then fine, Bud Light. At least it's made across the state in Saint Looey.

RH77
Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
Hi 90CivicStandard -?only drink beer that I brew myself?

I was thinking about trying to make my own.
Do you get good results . or is it horrid swill ?
I love my homebrew!

It's really not that hard to make, and with $100-$200 in equipment you can really make some good stuff.

I like being able to experiment and make all different kinds of beer. I personally like strong beer (Imperial IPAs, Double IPAs, Barley Wines etc), so I have the ability to control that.

I currently have 5 beers in the closet, Raspberry Wheat (for the wife), Hefeweizen, Double Dry hopped IPA, Organic IPA, and an Oatmeal Stout.

Since it only costs approx $25 each batch of 55 bottles, it's way cheaper than buying beer (if you get quality beer that is).

Oh, if your homebrew isn't carbonated, then you probably didn't get a complete fermentation. The byproducts of fermentation are CO2 and alcohol. Do you know what kind of yeast you used?

Anyways, I love homebrewing, it's interesting, fun to do, cheap, and it's a great way to meet people.

LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote