Contest!: Name that GS Garage entry - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-26-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Contest!: Name that GS Garage entry <RE-OPENED!>

<edit> Second edition of "Name that GS Garage entry" is closed.
Scroll down to post 12 for the start of the thread on this (now closed) second contest<end edit>

Help!
I'm buying a new-to-me car and I haven't a clue of an appropriate name under which to add it to the GasSavers Garage. This isn't a "contest" per-se, but a request for suggestions and for stimulating the creative thought processes to derive a suitable moniker.
The car is a 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 'wheat beige' paint, dark grey 'anthracite' leather interior, 2.0 liter turbo direct injection diesel, 5 speed automatic.
My personal preference for a name would be something based on a pun or a play on words other slightly obscure reference that will require some intellectual thought to derive the relationship between the name and the vehicle.
Suggestions?

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
With that TDI engine, VW interior, and wagon practicality...I'd call it "Winner".

Old 06-26-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

How about Das Wagen? ( A pun on the 1981 movie Das Boat)

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

P=MW^2 >> Passat = my wagon squared..... it's a volkswagen wagon (Also looks kinda like the equation for angular momentum)

Sand Crab >> coz' it's beachin' and vaguely sand colored I presume.

Sand Snail >> snail for the turbo and for driving it easy, and sandy colored.

Ol Trinken >> like like "ole" or "old" Trinken but it's "oil drinking" in german.

MOToKoW >> Mein Ol Trinken Kommando Wagen. My oil drinking staff car.

SoySnorter >> if going the bio route.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #5

Wheat Wagon
ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member

Cap Cornholeo.... Captain corn oil and picking up the P-asshat reference
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
MOToKoW >> Mein Ol Trinken Kommando Wagen. My oil drinking staff car.
Anything that sounds like "cow" gets my vote.

Signed,
theholycow
Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
Registered Member

MOToKoW could also conceivably stand for, My OTher, other, Kyoto Wagon
Old 06-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Registered Member

Great suggestions! And a few that I think are lame, but I won't quash any possibilities. Who know what nugget lies just beyond a lump? Already I'm seeing other possibilities I hadn't considered.
Now that I have a monthly payment again, perhaps VW "Pass-the-hat" might work until the payment book ends, but then what?
Yes, biodiesel will be a large portion of its diet, but the name I might think is best does not have to take that into account.

Please, keep all your suggestions coming. I'll select something soon, like before my first fueling entry.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Cap Cornholeo.... Captain corn oil and picking up the P-asshat reference
Ok, I'm not voting, as this isn't a contest, but that's very intellectual.

So, my vote is for Cap Cornholeo...