Cops - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Supporting Member

Cops

Has anyone gotton pulled over for hypermillng. Im afraid when im doing 40 in a 60 that im gonna get pulled over for some b.s. reason. anyone else feel the same way?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Registered Member

no---but I have had cops follow me for awhile to make sure I wasn't drunk or something.....

kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Not yet...
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

Now that I'll jinx myself...

I think they are relaxed to see slower drivers. Unless you're driving erratically, then the target factor is reduced.

So, if you get pulled over, what kind of ticket could be expected?

But no, not yet...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
I've been followed but thats about it
Old 03-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

I've done 45mph in a 62 mph zone (it was an undivided highway) and a police cruiser passed me like I was driving normal. Even if they do signal you with their lights/siren, I don't think they can do anything in terms of a reprimand. I've also EOC'd right past police and even started my engine when the lights turned green right across from them. If they were to ask anything, I'd probably say that I'm scared of my car overheating.
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
Supporting Member

yeah i was thinking they might say somthing about the eoc i guess not
Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
Registered Member

Been followed, but not pulled over. I save my pig experiences for other moments.

^Dealing with police resistance in an anti-coal demo in Key Biscayne^

That one isn't me. I'm the photographer, and got plenty of **** at that demo from the cops.

Our nice friendly FBI agent watching over a demonstration against the Green Scare. Not once did he come down from the balcony and say hi. I went up to introduce myself, but for some reason three other cops came up behind me and made me leave after I took that picture.
repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
Supporting Member

Hockey4mnhs -

Not yet. Once, I have EOC'd passed a cop car driving in the other direction at night. His window was probably closed or maybe he'd noticed something. So far so good.

PS - I was thinking that if you had a really good recording of an engine sound and really good external speakers, you could "press a button" and the cop would hear a normal running engine. Hee hee hee !

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
Registered Member

Ive never been pulled over for hypermiling. I know lakedude over at green hybrid got pulled over. Cop thought he had a drunk I'm sure. Ive had them look at me funny tho. Here we have max and min. speed limits on a lot of the hwy's. On Hwy 75 its posted 65 mph max and 40 mph min. I rarely push the min. In my mind its just to slow. Its there for semi's and other large heavy hauling or towing rigs. I will at times let it roll down to say 50 mph. My normal speed is between 55 and 60.

I did get pulled over years ago by a Oklahoma State Trooper for going to slow.

Story time:

Years ago I had a slant 6 Duster. My first wife, myself and a very good friend of ours were going down interstate 40 heading east in eastern Oklahoma. My wife had some hearing problems but could feel everything. She told me the car was doing something funny. Sure enough I slowed back down to 55 mph. Speed limit was 55 back then. I heard it. It was throwing a rod. Big end was letting go. so here we are blasting down the hwy in the Duster, drinking beer, smoking weed at 3am in the morning and not a soul on the hwy. I pull into a truck stop,,, get some gear oil and put it in the old beast and we go on down the road. Im trying to get it home to Ft. Smith. The engine not worth a hoot to start with. It gets worse and worse. Im down to 35 mph and waiting for the rod to go thru the block. Only 20 miles form the house. Al;l the sudden the whole country side turned RED. Crap a Statie. Just at that moment Jimmy just open a OZ of weed to roll one of his huge Jimmy joints. He thru the weed all over the car. Beer cans laying all over the inside of the car and we each had one in our lap. Ok its jail time. He walks up I offer him a beer in jest as I brush bud off of me. Jimmy lays in the back seat laughing his arse off. The cop ask me to turn the car off. I tell him. If your going to take me to jail cool... The beer and weeds mine. Let them go,, but if I turn the car off it wont start again more than likely. He said it is making noise isnt it. Orders me out of the car. ( Here we go ),,, But no he brush's the bud outro the way and kicks a few beer cans around then starts rev'ing the crap out of my car. He's trying to blow it up. Then looks up at me and tells me its the wrist pin. Yes sir I answer. He then tells me to get to car on the old hwy and good luck getting it home. I was in shock. He moved on and I stayed on I-40. I wasnt going to get on the old hwy and mess with the hick fuzz in Muldrow, Roland and Moffett. I was going to make the Trooper arrest me if thats what it took to stay out of those places. The reason he pulled us over was because I was doing 35 mph when min limit was 40 mph. I did my best to keep it on the high side of 35 mph and we made it home. I'll never ever forget that night. Never

psy

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote