cracked air filter housing - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #11

duct tape really wont hurt an engine if it gets sucked in. I have had leaves and other random stuff sucked into engines before. Really other than a bolt or something that won't fit inside the cylinder when it is on compression stroke it probably wont do much other than make it miss for a few minutes. I did drop a nut down a carb once on a sb chevy and it made a huge racket. I finally got a magnet and fished it out of the cylinder after probably 500 miles of hoping it would blow out the exhaust valve and it was beat into a perfectly round ball didn't seem to hurt the engine much though.

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
Registered Member

lol ive dropped a brass starter nut down my exhaust down pipe before.. THAT was a load of fun. had to take off the entire exhaust system and get the *** out cuz its brass so its non magnetic...

but yea tape wont hurt it will get hung up on somehting else first.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 AM   #13
Registered Member

Wow... I had no idea how badass engines were. It almost makes me WANT to suck something up and spit it out! Maybe I will just take off my air box entirely!!!

Haha.. I actually went in for an oil change today (am trying out some Elf 0w-20 -- see if my mileage improves with it), and got the filter changed along with it. I taped up the hole after bringing the car home. Should be fine now.

Thanks again for the humor, and of course for the advice!

Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote