Creating Jobs - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Creating Jobs

Creating Jobs.
President Obama has gathered titans of business to come up with ways to create jobs.
60 Minutes did a story on one, the honcho of GE.

I think the entire concept is bogus and a fraud.
I do not believe there is any businessman anywhere who knows how to create jobs,
simply because there is no record of a business being created to provide jobs.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Creating Jobs

seems counter intuitive, but businesses DO in fact create jobs. and business men and women create them indirectly. they may do the actual hiring, however this is simply a byproduct of need...need to fill a position.

obviously businesses can cut or lose jobs as well, and business men and women can do this, directly. government can, and does, get in the way of this process. you mention GE, the company that paid zero income taxes last year. well, this creates hysteria(like the occupy wall street nuts) and forces extra regulation on everyone, even businesses that ARE in fact paying their taxes.

don't know if it will even come to manifestation, but the US absolutely requires a fair or flat tax to get out of dire straights economically. there is talk of taxing the rich(and rich corps) more, but redistribution of wealth ALREADY exists w/ the top earners paying the vast majority of income tax revenue.

the issue is forcing out the tax loop holes(the rich) and making all individuals pay(especially those working off the record). one tax, no loop holes, and some form of higher consumption tax is key.

get everyone paying taxes, make everyone clear of what they'll pay, and put a cap on ALL estimated taxation(below 50% combined)...THAT will create jobs!!!

there are other ways, but that's another thread; besides the concepts could be considered taboo for some. but, just like the premise, business and free market will create them...not government!

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Exactly.
So, if jobs are a by-product of getting a task done....
Isn't it a contradiction to have the people tasked with creating jobs,
working for the same people who are destroying businesses?
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

well said. jobs cannot just be created to provide needed income for individuals. the job and the employer MUST have a self sustaining product or service.

similarly, look at the housing market...mortgages cannot be sustained just by giving them(loans) away for the sake of "the American dream."
http://www.welbornfreedomwatch.org/2...224-video.html

i'd like to have a 1960s vintage chevelle SS restored to mint condition. my credit would allow both for the purchase and restoration of it, but i truly would have difficulty insuring, maintaining, and driving(gas) such that it would tax my finances. maybe some day i'll EARN that privilege.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote