Creative Thinking or Just Crazy - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Creative Thinking or Just Crazy

forgive me as this is really not "around the house" as it is thinking out of the box or just plain nuts! you decide, here are 2 things off the top of my head...

i've been wanting to wash my car for several weeks, but the idea of paying for and wasting the water eats away at me(yes i'm a conservative that supports conservation).

anyway, the other day it rained and i got the idea to wash my car during the downpour. free water was too good to pass up. and the dry autumn here in florida absorbed it all, so by morning there was no standing water as i had hoped. otherwise, mud puddles would have made my labor vain.

next example:
a few weeks ago, i delivered to a resaurant which had a constant running toilet. i had a few options by most standards: a)turn off the water(not a good choice), b)tell the manager, c)do nothing(not good either).

so i decide to create a fourth option: d)use the running toilet instead of the urinal, then tell the manager. i figured the running water would self flush and i wouldn't waste more by flushing the urinal.

i recently lost a loved one and i'm approaching half of the estimated life expectancy. do any of you do this? is this part of a mid-life crisis? am i a creative thinker, a fully functional retard, or just plain nuts?

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Washing the car in the rain will make you look like a nut, but hey, if it works for you...great.

As for the toilet, was it running fast enough that the manager walking in after your report wouldn't have to encounter your urine?

I hate smelling others' urine.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

it was running such that it was fully flushed by the time i finished washing my hands!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
Site Team / Moderator

I admit I have washed cars in the rain before... but ony out of laziness. I didn't want to get the hose out, and then roll it back up again.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #5

There's a fan somewhere in my apartment building that runs constantly. It flows air through the bathroom duct (yes the fan is off). Its not enough to clean the stale air out over the course of a day, but it is annoying to know that when cold weather comes, it'll be exhausting my heat and sucking in cold air from outside. Is it there to benefit the furnace? I don't know.
I think washing your car is best done in the rain. You won't be sad when you just finished washing it in the sun (which is bad for the clearcoat in direct sunlight) and suddenly the heavens open up and rain on your newly washed car. Is it still washed? Or is it postwashed? Who knows..
almightybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 AM   #6
Registered Member

If you wash your car in the rain, you don't have to worry about water spots (since it's naturally distilled and contains no salts/minerals)

GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote