crude going up WAY UP - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I was planning to buy the new $22,000 30mpg V6 Camaro, but the math may work out for me to get a Volt for another $8,000 instead. If only I could get a Voltmaro...
nice choice. wish i could afford one when the time comes.

my wife too loves camaros. can't get her to give up either of hers(see the garage). couldn't likely get enough for either of them to buy a FE car in good shape.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
the planet is (nearly) dried up? REALLY? so the reports of deposits in alaska, the midwest, beneath ocean floors(off of coasts, north pole, etc)areas...need i go on? these reports are simple propoganda?
I didn't mean the oil will suddenly stop flowing, or no new fields will be found. I just mean that US production is down 46% since 1972 because of geology not politics. Alaska and deep Gulf wells produce huge amounts of oil, but they can't make up the decline in the older fields.

The new fields around the world will help production, but most of what they help is offsetting declining fields like the North Sea and Mexico's Cantarell. Production has been flat since 2005. There's a huge amount of oil left, but there's also a huge demand for it. There's just no guarantee they can meet demand at a reasonable price, even with lots of development.

So we'll also need to develop everything else, from conservation to nuclear.

GasSavers_Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
So we'll also need to develop everything else, from conservation to nuclear.
this we agree on my friend!

don't take my view as an personal attack, it's just rediculous why nothing is being done about these high fuel costs.

many, like myself, ARE conserving while congress, elite earners, and those that do not care (the non-rich that go deeper into debt to fund their gluttonous lifestyles) are out of touch w/ the realities of simple budgeting and survival.

honestly, the fuel cost for my car is not an issue. it's the price of everything else going up that is causing my family to struggle.

BTW, the same leftist enviro morons that are blocking new drilling are blocking nuclear power as well.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
this we agree on my friend!

don't take my view as an personal attack, it's just rediculous why nothing is being done about these high fuel costs.

many, like myself, ARE conserving while congress, elite earners, and those that do not care (the non-rich that go deeper into debt to fund their gluttonous lifestyles) are out of touch w/ the realities of simple budgeting and survival.
I saw in today's paper that congress declined the extension of the 30% tax credit for new solar installations. So far, it's ruined my day. At a time like this, where people are finally conserving and being much less wasteful the government comes in and pulls this.

Tis' the reason I haven't turned my TV on in 8 weeks to even watch the morning news. It just ends up ruining my day.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
I saw in today's paper that congress declined the extension of the 30% tax credit for new solar installations. So far, it's ruined my day. At a time like this, where people are finally conserving and being much less wasteful the government comes in and pulls this.

Tis' the reason I haven't turned my TV on in 8 weeks to even watch the morning news. It just ends up ruining my day.
i'm with ya! my local utility authority is expected to pass a 13% rate increase very soon. thanks for rewarding my conservation pratices!

sorry for what will be said next but...

right now, i really don't give a flip about the sensational global warming agenda. working families need a break, WE NEED TO DRILL!!!!!!

we're getting hit from all angles: utilities, groceries, taxes, etc due in large(st) part to fuel prices. i feel like calling the trash company to cancel my service and burn my garbage. and i might start wood burning my meals.

problem is, even if we start new drilling tomorrow, it's gonna take time get production of fuel up. the damage has been done.

yes, i too, am frustrated!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Registered Member

Another part of the problem is the fact that there has not been a new refinery built in the US since 1976. Thank the green extremists for that too: http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/news/ntn12966.htm

Take a look at the dramatic increase in gasoline imports over the last few years: http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/wgtimus2w.htm