DaX! N600 kind of close to you - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Driving on E

DaX! N600 kind of close to you

It's not exactly right next door, but it isnt' too far away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-HONDA-N600-SEDAN-600-GREAT-4-RESTORATION-NR_W0QQitemZ8027783402QQcategoryZ6783QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There were a few n600s in Mississippi a few weeks ago as well that no one bought. I think there were like 2 cars and I'm hoping they didn't go to the smashers.

Anyway, just keeping an eye out for you. I'd buy it as a parts car if it was closer to me.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
*shrug*

Find me one in NJ!

Find me one in NJ!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

matt - how much do these

matt - how much do these puppies weigh? seems like they'd be an ideal electric conversion.

(sorry if that's been talked about already - that's what happens when you come to the party late.)

d
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
*shrug*

Think he told me 1200? He

Think he told me 1200? He was gonna do the EV converson on them but wants to be all restoring it (loser). I should kick his *** for suggesting to use one as a parts car but it's not good enough for EV. I spose if he did get a parts car though he could repair the shell and it'd be perfect for EV with no regrets.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Driving on E

Re: Think he told me 1200? He

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Think he told me 1200? He was gonna do the EV converson on them but wants to be all restoring it (loser). I should kick his *** for suggesting to use one as a parts car but it's not good enough for EV. I spose if he did get a parts car though he could repair the shell and it'd be perfect for EV with no regrets.
Zactly. If i had a parts car I'd make one electric.

To read about an electric n600, go here:

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/325.html
Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 AM   #6

Man, you know just how to

Man, you know just how to get my blood pumping! I'm actually not going to be ready to purchase an N600 until AT LEAST a year from now, though.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
Registered Member

yes, very cool. too bad

yes, very cool. too bad about the back seat though (putting the batteries there).

a buddy i have been toying with the idea of doing a conversion. we'd probably do a metro 48volt setup (small town - don't need the range) - not so many batteries, so we'd be able to keep them out of the passenger compartment.

i'm going to be seeing him tonight and we'll probably sit around talking about how cool it would be to convert something. i was actually planning to head out and scout a host car this morning - a mid eighties firefly that i've seen parked in someone's driveway for years. decent body, motor or tranny probably shot...
Old 01-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
Driving on E

Re: yes, very cool. too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
yes, very cool. too bad about the back seat though (putting the batteries there).

a buddy i have been toying with the idea of doing a conversion. we'd probably do a metro 48volt setup (small town - don't need the range) - not so many batteries, so we'd be able to keep them out of the passenger compartment.

i'm going to be seeing him tonight and we'll probably sit around talking about how cool it would be to convert something. i was actually planning to head out and scout a host car this morning - a mid eighties firefly that i've seen parked in someone's driveway for years. decent body, motor or tranny probably shot...
I was considering doing it to do a honda civic hatchback. plenty of room for batteries and fairly light already.

Don't forget that the easiest way to do it is to use the transmission. Not only is it one thing less to convert, but it also conserves energy by keeping the rpms low.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
Registered Member

sad news, the potential host

sad news, the potential host car i went to look at is gone

i hear you about the transmission, matt - especially important if you're planning a low-budget approach with no accelerator potentiometer & motor controller. (just a contactor)

from what i've learned, if you just use a contactor, you can smooth out the transitions (e.g. launch) using the clutch & original transaxle. (and by not using a big motor, but that goes without saying on the budget approach). i was thinking 10hp/48v.